Power upgrade on TDi 110 SE

• Thread starter imported_amimmortal
  • Start date
I

imported_amimmortal

Afternoon all -

After trying (and failing) to persuade my wife that a power upgrade would be a good idea in the 1.9 TDi 110 SE we have, she has finally agreed that this would be nice to have - after being stuck on a single carriageway behind 2 dawdlers and not having enough juice to overtake them.

I've heard that the engine management systems can be "chipped" to increase performance, and I've also heard that you can get some other bits and pieces that increase performance.

So, being that this is "audi-sport.net" i figured someone here would be able to help me!

Any hints and tips, or links to suppliers etc would be helpful.

i am in the Edinburgh area.

Cheers,
AndyC

Pretty much yes -

is that the same as this...

More tuning..

because this is about half the price...

Cheers,
AndyC

look on ebay, there are loads if you do a search for "tdi tuning", my bro got one for his 1.9 tdi polo and it made a huge difference, i also have one on my 2.5 tdi a4, again big improvement, they go for less than £100 too.

Just buy the cheapest TDI 90-110 tuning box you can find, they are mostly very similar electronically. I would not mess with the boost on a 110 as they are running close to the limit as standard. I run an A4 TDI 110 SE with tuning box, it makes quite a big difference and also masks a dodgy maf flat spot.

It'll make quite a difference to your engine. Mine (or to be correct, wife's) car (same model as yours) has a tuning module on it and is now 143bhp.
No downside at all, fuel economy is unchanged, passes every MoT and has just turned 180,000 miles.
I haven't tried a cheapy box off ebay so don't know if they're any good (mine is a JR thingy that's no longer available).
You can do more but I doubt you'll need it.

They were with it when I bought it, they have the 4 rings in the centre.

They do look identical to the MTMs though

mtm_bimoto_wheel.jpg

Did Audi do these wheels as a option for anything (RS4?) I cannot see them coming (even as an option) with this car from the factory.