Power Surge,

S3-Oski

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a problem, that happened the other day, has now happened twice,

The other day when i accelerated, my car like bogged down almost like the power, had gone then it jolted foward again, like the boost suddenly kicked, in, felt almost like a misfire, but no splutters etc, its was def not the esp kicking in, as i know what this is like, and no lights flashed up or anything,

The only way to put it was like, the powerturned off then back on:uhm:
Ihave had no other symptoms i can think off on the car,

Would any1 know what it may be?

Iknow i need it plugiging, in, which i am as im due a service soon so will get them to do it, Could it be Maf or a coil pack breaking down?

thanks alot Oski,:icon_thumright:

Mine did something similar when the MAF went... trouble is without plugging it in its really difficult to know what to suggest or where to start as these cars are run by all this electronic trickery...

VAGCOM is one of the best things an 'enthusiast' can buy... Its the best thing I have bought next to my billy B8's :)

<tuffty/>

VAGCOM is one of the best things an 'enthusiast' can buy...

<tuffty/>

I'll 2nd that. Its great unless you have an S3 that thinks it has 4 doors :think:

I was thinking ESP as I was reading but as you said no light, maybe not. Why not try driving about with the ESP off all the time to see if it happens again. If it still happens with the ESP off, you can rule out the ESP.

Yeah thanks, i will try that Westle,but im quite sure its not , but def workth a shot, the thing is its only done it twice,i will have it plugged in soon, so see what comes up, i should really buy vag com to be honest, keep saying i will still have not,

Yeah I'd hazard a guess its thrown a code mate, so vagcom would be your 1st port of call.

Could be variety of things, mine did this with a cracked spark plug mate, easy to check yourself, other could be, coil dodgy, boost issue, turbo problem, need to login & check logs etc.

If you ever want the genuine vcds (vagcom) kit give me a shout.

PS. Westle still thinking about your issues.

ESP can sometimes very briefly kick in without the light having time to come on.

Mine has done this pulling out of tight junctions or bumpy roads, which is why i turn it off now if i want traction!!

Thanks NHN nad thanks ian i never new it could function without the light being triggered, although it does feel different, defiantely feels boost related cheers all, will let you know outcome when i get it tested,

Damn we all forgot the obvious, the N75 valve could be sticking/faulty as this controls the boost huh & its been a common problem amongst S3 owners over the years aswell as other audi's.

Damn we all forgot the obvious, the N75 valve could be sticking/faulty as this controls the boost huh & its been a common problem amongst S3 owners over the years aswell as other audi's.

I had the same problem at one point, then i changed the N75 valve for the J one and the problem stopped?