1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

power steering

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by djb83, Feb 15, 2010.

1. djb83

djb83 redline responsibly

[Feb 15, 2010]
    so went to get my abs sensor fixed today and a power steering pipe popped on me so thats more money going out to the car this month any one else had any issues like this or is it just my bad luck with cars returning :motz:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. paulious

paulious Member

[Feb 15, 2010]
    Bad luck! I've had problems with the abs sensor before but i just took all the wheels off and gave them a good clean, i used to have to park daily in a very gravely carpark so suspect that all the dust got in there when i was driving alittle enthusiastickly :p As for the steering pipe i had to have a section of mine replace on an audi service as they said it was corroded. In terms of their being a relationship between you getting the sensor fixed and the powersteering pipe going is just bad luck mate, the abs sensors are nowhere near any steering pipe.
  4. djb83

[Feb 15, 2010]
    a know there not related it's just funny how the abs light went out when the pipe poped lol :sadlike:
  5. paulious

paulious Member

[Feb 15, 2010]
    Lol oh i see what you mean! Maybe your car thought the lack of steering was far more important than warning you that you could skid??
  6. djb83

[Feb 15, 2010]
    could be going to have a look tomorro in daylight if its burst off to the garge it goes again lol