power steering upgrade

saleas93

Reaction score
hi all
i have a audi a3 8p 2003 and my power steering has given up the ghost.
i have a steering rack from a 2006 a3 with a 2006 wiring loom will this look work or will i need a modified loom as i cant find a modified loom and hope to install the rack this weekend
if anyone could help it would be very much appreciated
thanks yannis

hi all
i have a audi a3 8p 2003 and my power steering has given up the ghost.
i have a steering rack from a 2006 a3 with a 2006 wiring loom will this look work or will i need a modified loom as i cant find a modified loom and hope to install the rack this weekend
if anyone could help it would be very much appreciated
thanks yannis

it will fit fine dude, VAG sell the mod loom, although tbh the loom you have will be fine, was it your Torque angle sensor that failed?

to be honest im not sure what has gone.
this is going to take a while

bought car while it ws only running on three cylinders couldn`t fix it so changed engine .
affter that worked fine other than couple lights on dash due to egr and angle sensors .
radio never work so whilst playing with it batt died and i changed it but after that the steering stoped working but drive 10 miles or so it would come back on but affer being off four an hour or so would stop working.
and the longer i left it the futher i had to drive to get it working till it eventually stoped all together.
scanned it on vag com and it wont communicate with the rack.
only changing rack due to only paying £100 for all i know it could be a lose connection.
im just hoping its the rack and not an electrical fault

also thank you for the reply will let you know if it works

to be honest im not sure what has gone.
this is going to take a while

bought car while it ws only running on three cylinders couldn`t fix it so changed engine .
affter that worked fine other than couple lights on dash due to egr and angle sensors .
radio never work so whilst playing with it batt died and i changed it but after that the steering stoped working but drive 10 miles or so it would come back on but affer being off four an hour or so would stop working.
and the longer i left it the futher i had to drive to get it working till it eventually stoped all together.
scanned it on vag com and it wont communicate with the rack.
only changing rack due to only paying £100 for all i know it could be a lose connection.
im just hoping its the rack and not an electrical fault

also thank you for the reply will let you know if it works

Check the 8mm bolts on the fuses on the side of the engine bay fuse box, sounds like one is loose, ive had this before on mk5 golfs and A3 8Ps

Instealled replacement rack yesterday nice and easy (minus couple snap bolts ) all works perfect the old rack was completely shot