1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Steering and headlight question??

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S3featesV9, Feb 17, 2011.

1. S3featesV9

S3featesV9 Active Member

firstly power steering seems to be very noisy, but as only ever owning the one s3 im not sure if this is normal....wasnt this noisy when i first had the car about 6 months ago.

Secondly headlights seems to sit like 8ft in front of the car which is driving me mad! some one mentioned a level sensor....????

Any help would be a massive help lol

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid
    Supporter

Not sure on the power steering, check your levels by the coolant tank under the cover...green cap.
    Headlights low could be self leveling motors not working, next time it is dark drive in front of a wall, turn your ignition off, then start the car and put your head lights on, you should see them move a little on the wall, if not check fuses etc, you can adjust them manually... if you look at the top of the lights with the bonnet open you will see some adjusting allen key type bolts.

4. S3featesV9

S3featesV9 Active Member

thanks dave, ill check my lights tonight, have never seen them move though so first thought is the motors, expensive?? if they do move ill adjust them. ill check the fuses now, any idea which one it is? im guessing it will say in the manula though?

checked my level it looks pretty full, but ill top it up at tad anyway.