1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power socket in luggage space?

The911SC Jun 27, 2005

1. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

Anyone know if the connecttion for the power socket (part of storage pack) is in the boot(trunk!) anywhere, and if it can be picked up easily?. I know you can get the sockets from Vag parts.com and it would be useful to fit..

2. GSCollie

GSCollie Member

Did you manage to find out from a stealer whether this can be done? I'm keen on getting the power socket put into the boot as well as I have a fridge I want to start using without the unsightly wire popping through the cabin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

3. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

No, I didnt; I am positive it could be done even if it meant running a new lead from the fusebox; just hoped the loom already was there. Realised I should have posted int he B6 forum really.

4. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

Someone else has asked me about this. I'll try and look it up in my Bentley manual after dinner.

5. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

Thanks Scotty

6. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

Sorry guys. A bit busy with new kiddy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

7. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

Know that feeling!...

8. GSCollie

GSCollie Member

Did anyone get any further with the power socket thing then?? I'm still keen and will probably try to sort it in a couple of weeks when I have a week's jollies to purley potter around with my car.

9. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

Nope, think Scotty was going to look it up on his manuals...

10. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

Oopps I did have a look and couldn't find anything useful. I'll have another dig around. It should be easier now as Bentely have just fixed a bug which meant I couldn't do searches in the manual.

11. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Moderator

In my experience Audi don't prewire anything that's not specified. Just run a cable from the fusebox it's a 20minute job and you can tuck it under the door trims easily enough without taking the car apart.