Power Magic Pro - Shuts down camera when car unlocked?

AK47UK

Reaction score
Finally my PMP seems to be working ok, I have set it to 36 hours so will probably find out Sunday if it powers the camera off ok but now I have a question.

My PMP is set to 11.8v, I have noticed twice now that I have unlocked my car and got into it, shortly after the Blackvue DR550 says it is shutting down. If I start the ignition then it turns on again. I was wondering if perhaps the voltage of the battery dips below 11.8v when unlocking it and so the PMP shuts the camera down? My concern is when I unlock my car just to get something out of it if the camera turns off and I don't drive anywhere it will remain off.

Anyone noticed similar and does it sound like this is what is happening?

Not happening on my DR500, can you test the battery after you have unlocked to see if the battery is any where near the 11.8v ? or even have a tester on the battery when locking and unlocking to see if the voltage dips ?

I will give it a try when I have some time, at the moment I am really busy so haven't had much time for in depth testing.

Reactions: AK47UK
Thanks mate but it will only take me a few mins to get a multimeter on the battery :) Just very highly strung atm, stress is a mofo.