1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power loss, poss boost problem?

hodgy0_2 Jul 9, 2009

1. hodgy0_2

hodgy0_2 Member

Hi guys

first post so bare with me!

I have a 2.5TDI quattro (see pics)

in the main, very pleased with it

but it seems to really lose all power, only sometimes though, at first i just though i was catching it "off boost", or some sort of niggle with the tiptronic system -- but its not that, its almost like the turbo suddenly vents to air, with my foot flat on the floor, nothing (the rev needle sits at 3k) as I let my foot off, the urge comes back

other than that it drives superbly -- any ideas

thnks - hodgy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

I'd get it checked on Vag-com for any error codes, sounds like a stuck egr valve. All error codes are stored, so befriend someone on here with vag-com.

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

:sign_welcome:

I agree with arthur, get the codes scanned, similar symptoms on mine pointed to the MAF.

4. hodgy0_2

hodgy0_2 Member

cool thanks guys

so next question is - does anyone know a Vagcom guy in the Cambridge area, maybe a mobile guy

and what does the "check" button do on the dashboard, will that not show the codes

Cheers

5. technics100

technics100 Member

Check button will not show codes. Someone should be able to help you or else you can buy a lead from ebay for £15 and download a shareware version of the software to read codes..

6. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

The "Check" button just performs a self test on things light bulbs and fluid levels.

7. hodgy0_2

hodgy0_2 Member

have you link to the shareware version, and is the lead a standard ODB11 one

do halfrauds do these leads?

8. hodgy0_2

hodgy0_2 Member

ok apologies I,ve got the shareware

but in the meantime took it to my local garage who put it on a "vagcom" type thingy

the codes are 00542 shock sensor nozzle needle g-80 -----

00575 Manifold absolute pressure control limit exceeded - intermittent

01375 Engine mounting valve step -----

17978 - Engine ECU Blocked P1570

all the codes cleared apart the first one

I am thinking that the 00575 one could mean its overboosting, hence the feeling of no boost as it just shuts the turbo off

any thoughts