Power loss, poss boost problem?

hodgy0_2

Reaction score
Hi guys

first post so bare with me!

I have a 2.5TDI quattro (see pics)

in the main, very pleased with it

but it seems to really lose all power, only sometimes though, at first i just though i was catching it "off boost", or some sort of niggle with the tiptronic system -- but its not that, its almost like the turbo suddenly vents to air, with my foot flat on the floor, nothing (the rev needle sits at 3k) as I let my foot off, the urge comes back

other than that it drives superbly -- any ideas

thnks - hodgy

3621822548_febc871381.jpg

3621004385_a1e4cbfc1a.jpg

3621822986_b59c5fbd28.jpg

I'd get it checked on Vag-com for any error codes, sounds like a stuck egr valve. All error codes are stored, so befriend someone on here with vag-com.

:sign_welcome:

I agree with arthur, get the codes scanned, similar symptoms on mine pointed to the MAF.

cool thanks guys

so next question is - does anyone know a Vagcom guy in the Cambridge area, maybe a mobile guy

and what does the "check" button do on the dashboard, will that not show the codes

Cheers

Check button will not show codes. Someone should be able to help you or else you can buy a lead from ebay for £15 and download a shareware version of the software to read codes..

Check button will not show codes. Someone should be able to help you or else you can buy a lead from ebay for £15 and download a shareware version of the software to read codes..

have you link to the shareware version, and is the lead a standard ODB11 one

do halfrauds do these leads?

ok apologies I,ve got the shareware

but in the meantime took it to my local garage who put it on a "vagcom" type thingy

the codes are 00542 shock sensor nozzle needle g-80 -----

00575 Manifold absolute pressure control limit exceeded - intermittent

01375 Engine mounting valve step -----

17978 - Engine ECU Blocked P1570

all the codes cleared apart the first one

I am thinking that the 00575 one could mean its overboosting, hence the feeling of no boost as it just shuts the turbo off

any thoughts