1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power loss ! A4TDI

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by imported_alunjenkins, Aug 3, 2004.

1. imported_alunjenkins

imported_alunjenkins Guest

I have recently purchased a 1998 A4 1.9 TDI.This car has been laid up for 9 months prior to my purchase. I now have the vehicle running only to find that the car has no power at all. In fact will not exceed 30 miles per hour! Engine sounds well, starts well, with no apparent problems. Any suggestions?
  2. foolish3uk

foolish3uk Member

recommend new air mass meter as this is the most common fault, however you may find rats have eaten through your n75 boost valve, disconnect your air mass meter and see if it makes any difference, you may find it will go faster but performance will still be ****, luckily they do a an exchange air mass meter if it ends up to be that, so if you do need one they can supply you with one
  3. imported_carjacker0

imported_carjacker0 Guest

did you perhaps change the air filter and fogot to plug the MAFsensor back in again?
  4. Bomber1

Bomber1 New Member

Hope your luckier than I was recently when this happened to my wife 1.9TDi A6 Avant. Car would not rev above 3200 rpm, fault code showed duff air mass meter, swapped that out, still no good, swapped for another and still no good.

Eventually traced to a siezed turbo.
  5. foolish3uk

foolish3uk Member

ouch we dont normally get seized turbochargers had you ran t low on oil????
  6. Bomber1

Bomber1 New Member

Not to my knowledge no, regularly serviced. Went at approx 101K miles, along with a large portion of cash. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif