1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

power increase from a chip

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by dgannon69, Aug 28, 2005.

1. dgannon69

dgannon69 Member

wats the average increase in bhp that people are getting from an Amd remap on a 1.8T sport (non drive by wire)? would anyone know the change in 0-60 times as well? cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. docurley

docurley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

power wise you are looking abot 30-40bhp but you could find this out by going to there website.

4. Timbo

Timbo Slowest car ever round the Top Gear track?!?

My A3 1.8T non-DBW went from 156bhp before to 198bhp after on AmD's rollers.

I'm willing to believe the rollers were being a bit optimistic, so I reckon 190bhp is closer to the mark.

0-60 times: No idea, around 7s I would have thought. It's pretty hard post-remap to get the power down in 1st and 2nd - the front wheels spin even in the dry. In the wet they spin in 3rd too!

Definitely worth doing - makes the engine smoother and hasn't made any difference to my mpg either.

5. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to believe the rollers were being a bit optimistic, so I reckon 190bhp is closer to the mark.

0-60 times: No idea, around 7s I would have thought. It's pretty hard post-remap to get the power down in 1st and 2nd - the front wheels spin even in the dry. In the wet they spin in 3rd too!

Definitely worth doing - makes the engine smoother and hasn't made any difference to my mpg either.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be using some shocking tyres then! When mine was remapped it was able to give full traction in first gear on dry roads.... and 2nd+ was never a problem in any conditions. Even now with 320bhp, its able to put it all down in the dry no problem.

RIch

6. Timbo

Timbo Slowest car ever round the Top Gear track?!?

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be using some shocking tyres then! When mine was remapped it was able to give full traction in first gear on dry roads.... and 2nd+ was never a problem in any conditions. Even now with 320bhp, its able to put it all down in the dry no problem.

RIch

[/ QUOTE ]
    Pirelli P6000s on the original 16" wheels - so not the greatest. What were you using before the IHI?

You're making me think there's something wrong now! Traction breaks at roughly 4500rpm when there seems to be a step in power.

I have been thinking of a set of 18's with reasonable rubber - if it would cure this problem I'll probably do it.

7. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

RIch

[/ QUOTE ]
    Pirelli P6000s on the original 16" wheels - so not the greatest. What were you using before the IHI?

You're making me think there's something wrong now! Traction breaks at roughly 4500rpm when there seems to be a step in power.

I have been thinking of a set of 18's with reasonable rubber - if it would cure this problem I'll probably do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

18x8.5's with Toyo Proxes T1-S. The pirelli are your problem!!

Rich

8. dgannon69

dgannon69 Member

ok cheers mate