1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power from 1.6

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by blitzed, Oct 24, 2013.

1. blitzed

blitzed New Member

Alright I decided i need more powa from my 1.6 now so im lookin for proven gains whats the most anyone got a 1.6 and wat mods?
  2. 16Klappe

16Klappe Princess Slayer

Got to be a wind up?
    CMcKenzie, matt blowen and slowcoach3 like this.
  3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

Sorry dude... there is nothing to be gained from 'tuning' a 1.6... any form of normally aspirated tuning is expensive for very little gain... assuming you have a 1.6 as you are young and can't afford to insure a 1.8t I'd stick some wheels on it and live with it until you can afford a 1.8t...

There just isn't a market for tuning parts on these...

<tuffty/>
    Pubemammal likes this.
  4. RobinJI

RobinJI Member

Basically what these guys have said. There's no way to get much more power out of them without spending considerably more than it'd cost to upgrade to a 1.8t car to start with. The only reason to tune a 1.6 would be to meet competition regulations, and then you wouldn't do it in a mid-size car, you'd use something light. You also wouldn't start with an 8v engine designed for driveablilty.

Personally, I'd just make you car look cool using transferable parts, then when your insurance drops, buy a 1.8t and swap over the nice wheels/suspension/brakes you've had on your 1.6.

Also a tip, what you do to 'win' the traffic light grand prix in a 1.6 is to line up looking all serious, then when they gun it off as the light changes, you just don't do anything, and sit there giggling to yourself while they race off making an idiot of themselves, then pull away slowly. Feeling smug. In fact, that's quite fun even when you know your cars faster. Uses less fuel and you keep your licence longer too. ;)
    Lavis89 and JimS3 like this.
  5. RGL

RGL Free breather

I feel your pain bro, I'm with a 1.8 N/A which well isn't as bad as 1.6 but nothing special either. Definetly not worth trying to get more power out of it, just wait till you get enough money together like everyone said.
  6. blitzed

blitzed New Member

K this is back to that other thread i made about having a run with a 1.6 golf and i still cant find that car i had a run with but this is a video of his he showed me before he left me, he told me it was a 1.6 and it hadthe cheap black rubstrips and looked like a 1.4 or 1.6 bottom range
    so can anyone tell me if this video is just a lie or if it is defenately a 1.6??
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  7. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Its a lie.
  8. blitzed

blitzed New Member

is it at all possible to get enough powa from my 1,6 motor to atleast put up a decent fight with this guy then? maybe if i get a exhaust air filter good serice and remap then i could sort of keep up? has anyone actually done all the things i said that can chime in on this?
  9. mark_S3

mark_S3 Yorkshire & Humber Events Rep

I would seriously listen to advice the other people have said above...
    keep saving up for a 1.8t, then buy one at the right time.... Then you'll blow him away.
  10. CMcKenzie

CMcKenzie It's supposed to do that..

You're wasting your time with a 1.6..
    As everyone is saying. Save for a 1.8T, fit a few tried and tested mods and he'll struggle to keep up with you. :cool:
    Callum.
  11. JimS3

JimS3 Active Member

This guy is bulls**ting you, as we all said in your other thread he has not got a 1.6!