Power fold mirrors

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
Does anyone have power fold mirrors fitted from the factory with only front electric Windows?, I ask as I am fitting power fold mirrors to mine over the next week or so and would like the part number of the finger plate for the switch control with the hole to show the power fold icon.
Like this:

I have power folding mirrors but not from factory..
The part number for the switch is 4B0959551C
I still have an extra switch here from when I was retrofiting it.

Semedo_B6

It's not the switch I need, it's just the surround plate that the window and mirror switch sits in, is this what you have?

Sorry my friend.. I though I had it but I don't..
If I'm not mistaken it's called door shelf. Give audi a call and they'll sort you out..
Here's a pic.
2de1ae285587245c68bc664d47b6609f.jpg

Semedo_B6

Thanks but that has front and rear power windows and as I said in original post I only have front, I'm going to Audi tomorrow so will talk to parts then, I was just hoping someone had one that I could use their reg to make it easier.

Same name.. Just no slot for the rear window switches..
Because when I asked them for it they first orders the one for just front electric windows.. Only the second time around they got me the right part..

Semedo_B6

Reactions: mattyboyc
mattyboy just been on partslink looks like the part number is....

8E2 867 172 A

then two letters for your colour option.

Hope this helps.

I have power folding mirrors but not from factory..
The part number for the switch is 4B0959551C
I still have an extra switch here from when I was retrofiting it.

Semedo_B6

Still waiting on my power fold mirror to be returned :)

Hi, Can you advise what do I need to fit a power folding mirror? I guess, it's the mirror, the switch and the cover place on the door. Is is plug and play, or do it needs something else?
I would appreciate part numbers if available for somebody.

EDIT: It's a left-hand drive B6.

Last edited:
You need the mirrors, switch, finger plate and the door modules, I think that's it.

Thanks. I guess then there is a new title is on my list :)

with a LHD car you need to make sure you get the LHD parts as the RHD parts quoted on this site will not work for you.

Can we get theses to work from the key? Either on locking the car or removing the key, or do we have to turn the switch each time.

Annoyingly, turn the switch every time. For some reason I think I remember @NHN saying he made a module to have a "full closure" module. That is a big think though.

Thought as much, oh well better than not having them I guess, I do need to recode though as since changing the door modules I've lost my auto window closing.

Think they call it global closing, basically if you remove key and Windows have been left open, just hold down the lock button and the Windows go up, I find it quite handy.

Ah yeah, the comfort options. And holding unlock to put the windows down. My cab had to be coded as an avant to get that. I've once fitted a smart top module and that also does it so I got 2 ways to put windows up and down :yes:

Reactions: RS4dal
I guess that will be in central electrics?, I'll pop the old vcds on when I get 5.

Thanks for that, been a while since I used vcds so might have to look for a step by step guide. :smirk:

Reactions: mattmanwrx
Have you tried to restore the Auto window close function with the switch? I have to do it on mine when the battery has been disconnected.

Must have done that without realising as all working as should now.

Reactions: Welshquattro
I was told the new finger plate/door shelfs are covered in a better coating and don't peel off like the old ones. All 4 of mine have bits missing and let the rest of the interior down. Any idea if this is true?

U can definitely say that the coating is different..
I got mine a few months ago and you can clearly see the difference.
As for the non peeling part I can't say that yet as it's fairly new and has no peel..
Gonna try to dig up a picture I have somewhere..

Semedo_B6

Reactions: Welshquattro
Hi,
I have door handle with 2 window switches, one of then don't work. is it possible to replace with 4 window switches like in the photo?
cfb9bca535416fbb2f96a77fe3565b2e.jpg

Thanks!