power cable

grizz

Reaction score
Website
www.unit20.org
How have you guys got your power cable though the bulkhead in an 8L A3?

im going to be running 2 amps so will b a fairly large cable

Yep, easiest way is via the grommet under the wiper splash guard. If you look at the passenger side in the engine bay you'll see the big plastic trunking going up to the top of the bulkhead/firewall. If you prise up the rubber you can lift up the plastic splash guard and you'll see the pollen filter and right in the front corner a good sized unused grommet. This drops down behind the glovebox straight into the footwell.
See Deans thread for photo's
Power cable routing

i bolted mine to the power block in the driverside footwell on my a4 ? are a3,s different ?

No, but this is not good practice as the power block is driving other hefty components in the car, so adding a current draw of anything from 30-100 amps will cause other problems. Namely fuses blowing, interference and possibly distortion on the amp as it tries to pull hefty current through the bottleneck.

it seems to be working ok no fuses blown, couldnt find a way into car, i am using 0 guage aswell with an alpine mrd 301 mono amp and rockford sub it sounds excellent !

What is the point of running 0 guage from the fusebox?

No on the A4 you go through the ECU box, it drops right into the drivers footwell.

the amp is still gettin 14.4 volts and 0 guage is all i had !