POTHOLE!! Need wheel info please.

palfy86

Reaction score
Well the commute to work see's two wheels destroyed by a pothole this morning! not happy as you can imagine.

However maybe every cloud has a silver lining as they say and this could be a good time to purchase new wheels. I'd like to know if 9.5j x 18s (or even 19's) with a e.t of either 40 or 45 will do straight on, the ride height is standard SE at the minute but coilovers will be on the cards in the summer.

Time is of the essence with this one guys so many thanks in advance.

Pot-holes in your area, ditto here dude, it's a good reason not to buy big wheels with barely any rubber around them!
I have standard Audi 17's on at the moment, would love to go larger but with cold weather for a bit longer and the state of the roads it's hard to justify. Oh, and a wedding to pay for!

Go onto fixmystreet.com and report the potholes.

If your roads are fecked so badly that they're destroying wheels, i'd suggest sticking with sensibly sized genuine Audi wheels.

Some oversized rims are just going to make things worse, and a lot of aftermarket/replica type rims are really weak compared with the genuine stuff.

id contact the local council too!

But if your going for new wheels, id op for the 19s as I wish I had.
depends what design you want thoo.

Go for a reputable make,usually expensive wheels = stronger and lighter alloys.
If u go for cheap but looks good,gett ready for lots of wheel balancing.

Im looking at getting some 3sdm 0.01's, im currently running some 8.5j 19" carlsson replica's which have been on the vehicle since i've3 bought so running 19's is all i've known.

Oh and i contacted the local council and reported the pothole and asked for a claim form to be sent.

Iv had a few cracked rims before and usually had them welded and balanced.
Seen some killer potholes recently.

There are a load on the M62 motorway leaving Liverpool (on the motorway of all places!)
Can only put it down to councils / highway agency not spending money on repairs due to the recession - but its not helping anyone out.

no its abit of a joke isnt it. i've got a claim form coming my way through the post so we'll see what happens, after reporting the pot hole yesterday morning, its still there today.