Potential S4 B8 Purchase

Fast3000

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been on here for a while. Still love my B7 2.0T but sadly its time to move on! I am considering an S4 B8 from a main dealer....

Any tips? other then general buyers common sense? anything specific I should look out for?
Thanks a bunch.....

Good choice :)
i think super sport seats are a must as I am considering on getting one next aswell.

Quatro sports diff, super sport seats, B&O sound, drive select. That was my list when I started looking. Good luck.

You never get bored with the superb sound from the B&O! The bass is awesome :music:

Quatro sports diff, super sport seats, B&O sound, drive select. That was my list when I started looking. Good luck.

Agree with the addition of NAV, storage pack - standard storage is very poor and if you go for leather sports seats it's worth having them heated.

Agree with all of the above.....plus 19' alloys which are a must as 18's are standard.....My old S4 had everything mentioned, and I still miss that car every single day !!

Drive Select is a must especially with the sports diff. 19" wheels make the car without a doubt. I do 24k miles a year in mine and Super sports seats are great but B&O, HDD Nav and DAB make it a very nice place to be.

Good luck and enjoy, they are a great car!

After being cut up on the A10 at Ware this morning by some idiot in a grey 62 plate S4 who was to busy talking on the phone I would recommned the mobile phone prep (sub £200 for the low version)

Reactions: Darylaas
After being cut up on the A10 at Ware this morning by some idiot in a grey 62 plate S4 who was to busy talking on the phone I would recommned the mobile phone prep (sub £200 for the low version)

Think Bluetooth is standard on the S4 (phone prep low adds the internal charging cradle and external aerial) so no excuses for having phone in hand.

Reactions: Audi Dynamik
And annoying thing was as it went past, before cutting me up, it got an envious look and a momentary I wish I owned one of those before I hit the brakes......the thoughts then turned to "you ****" as i realised the blonde driving was on the phone, type of behaviour I normally expect from drivers of other makes of high end cars in my part of the world!!!!!

Reactions: Darylaas
Go for an avant and get the panoramic roof!

My dream spec would be S4 avant, 19inch 7 spokes, full drive select, sports diff, super sport seats, heated seats, tech pack high, parking advanced, sound pack, remote boot opening, flat bottom wheel, folding mirrors, privacy glass, panoramic roof, storage pack and 5 year warranty.....just over £50k new :(

Go for an avant and get the panoramic roof!

My dream spec would be S4 avant, 19inch 7 spokes, full drive select, sports diff, super sport seats, heated seats, tech pack high, parking advanced, sound pack, remote boot opening, flat bottom wheel, folding mirrors, privacy glass, panoramic roof, storage pack and 5 year warranty.....just over £50k new :(

My black edition has your dream spec, minus the sunroof, and came in at a lot less than £50k. Took a bit of haggling but well worth it in the end.

My black edition has your dream spec, minus the sunroof, and came in at a lot less than £50k. Took a bit of haggling but well worth it in the end.

If you are happy to share I'm interested to know what sort of deal you managed as I'm getting tempted to change!

No probs if you'd rather not :sm4:

Think Bluetooth is standard on the S4 (phone prep low adds the internal charging cradle and external aerial) so no excuses for having phone in hand.

thanks for the advice guys. Ive seen one i like.

19s, phone prep. Sports seats with part red, black car 20k on the clock 10 plate. 27k! It sounds nice ibhavent seen it yet as audi were doing some cosmetic work on it. Hopefully this weekend. Would love to have the quattro diff but hard to come by on used market....

is oil consumption an issue on these engines? I know most audis do drink a bit!

Mine didn't drink any oil at all over 18 months and 18,000 miles....It depends on how it's been run in to be honest ( and obviously you can't know that now ).
Didn't trust the MMi to tell me the oil level though and bought the dipstick for my own piece of mind.

If you are happy to share I'm interested to know what sort of deal you managed as I'm getting tempted to change!

No probs if you'd rather not :sm4:

When i spec'd mine it came in at just under £48000, by the time i'd agreed on the spec and price with the dealer it came to just over £43000. I had an Octavia vrs to trade in which they gave me £5000 for but due to delays with the car they bumped that up to £5800. I also got the smart repair (dent cover), lifeshine and GAP for £200.
I was happy with the deal and am even happier with the car. I'd also recommend getting a set of alloys with winter tyres on (get them in the summer to save a few bob) as they work great and save the lovely 19s during the winter.

When i spec'd mine it came in at just under £48000, by the time i'd agreed on the spec and price with the dealer it came to just over £43000. I had an Octavia vrs to trade in which they gave me £5000 for but due to delays with the car they bumped that up to £5800. I also got the smart repair (dent cover), lifeshine and GAP for £200.
I was happy with the deal and am even happier with the car. I'd also recommend getting a set of alloys with winter tyres on (get them in the summer to save a few bob) as they work great and save the lovely 19s during the winter.

Cheers for this :) That about the same % discount I got on the S3 and I also got a good p/x value. I'm already a winter wheel convert as I run 17s with wintersports to save summer wheels, ****** fantastic in snow ;)

Just need to decide now whether to go S4 or not ???

Get a quote on drive the deal. Worked out well for me.

Sports diff, super sports, nav high and b&o are musts, ideally get a black edition, good vfm.

E=gangstarrrrr;1864640]Get a quote on drive the deal. Worked out well for me.

Sports diff, super sports, nav high and b&o are musts, ideally get a black edition, good vfm.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I did and the dealer matched it. Still waiting on build date though, been nearly a month now. How long was everyone else's wait?