Potential new owner questions

• Thread starter xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Start date
X

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and the world of Audis! I'm looking at buying a B8 Rs4, test drove one the other week and it made me a believer!

Before pulling the trigger I had a couple of questions that I wanted to ask...

I've had lots of insurance quotes...the likes of Adrian Flux are quoting £2k plus but have had a good quote from DirectLine - £975 with no voluntary excess and a compulsory of £500. My question is, has anyone had good / bad experiences of DirectLine? They only offer repairs through their 'approved' repairers which means it might not necessarily be Audi. Someone from Keith Michaels insurance warned me about about this, is it actually a problem?

Second question...I live in SE London (A quietish non-main road of SE23/SE4). The car will be parked on the road. Has anyone had any experiences in this sort of area and theft/vandalism? I've read some horror stories...

Cheers!

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
My only interaction with Direct Line was them just being a little awkward, just them not being very helpful type stuff. Most insurers use approved places, but will also let the main dealer do it if pushed.

I use Adrian flux ,but 2k wow that's excessive ,try go compare see if you can get a better deal with flux ..

Reactions: Moschops
I tried CompareTheMarket.com last year and was quoted by swiftcover...07, B7 RS4 valued around the 18,500 mark....£220 fully comp, saving me £260 from previous insurer excess about £500 and its parked on the road outside the house....worth a try.