1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Potential New A3 Owner

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by Bob_S, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Bob_S

Bob_S New Member

Hello,

I'm currently looking around for a new car to replace my 6 year old Rover 45 diesel (no sniggering at the back there!:laugh: ) and the A3 has caught my eye. So I am doing the usual rounds of the dealers of the various cars I am interested in, checking out the cars, making sure I can fit in them (I'm 6'3") asking about servicing costs, the usual stuff.

The A3 I am interested in is the sportback 1.9TDi. I can't justify the huge cost differential between the 1.9 and 2.0 diesels, especially as a car to me is more of a means of getting around (if I want fun on the roads I have a BMW K1200S to ride:w00t: ) and the special edition has caught my eye.

So all advice will be great appreciated from the knowledgeable members here. I've had a look around before signing up and found the information useful, especially the service costs sticky. My local dealer have quoted £350 as the cost of the first AVS which was horrific, but I have now found other dealers who charge a lot less than that.

So I am looking forward to reading the threads and getting info, and hopefully being able to chip in from time to time.

Cheers,

Bob S
  2. L1 HCS

L1 HCS Active Member

Hi Bob, welcome to asn.
  3. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

hello and welcome !
  4. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Hello and welcome. :greyrs4: :redrs4: