potential buy, need some opinions:

superkarl

MAN OF STEEL
Reaction score
i have a friend in OZ, and this is the car he's looking at:
FS: A4 B5 MY99 1.8T Quattro K04 APR Stg2 and much much more!!!!!!

now i can only advise so far as i know despite the same basic engine, lots of the mechanicals and the configuration is obv different to transverse 1.8ts.

please let him know your thoughts, i've sent him the link.

i question the '4.5bar' fpr for one. seems a desperate attempt to fuel for the ko4-015 to me. shouldnt it have injectors to support that turbo at 3bar, say S3 injectors, although i know they wont fit. I would also question the apr stage 2 map, if this is generic this will be for the standard ko3, and this car should surely require a custom one.

anyway, they are the first things that jump out to me. cheers for looking

B5's run 4bar as standard, so the 4.5 bar reg isnt as huge a jump as you suggest, but yeh, it would be better using bigger injectors and lower fuel pressure!

As you say, map might be an issue.

Price seems very high but then its a different country so cant really compare directly there. Seems to have lots of nice bits on it.

price is typical of cars in OZ. they pay alot more than us.

so in an ideal world, i should get him to get a vcds lead and vcds lite, scan it, maybe ask the owner for more info on the map and maybe do some logging, if the owner is familier with that. just to check its running right with that map.

unfortunately i know very little about the longitudinal 1.8t turbos.

is it a basic upgrade?

Maybe worth dropping gmx a pm, he is in Oz and has an a4 tqs and I think is running a gt2871 with supporting mods. K04 is a pretty basic upgrade, probably not make much more than 220bh