Pot hole

rOb_A

Reaction score
hit a pot hole last night. the car is now pulling to the right when i brake plus sounds a bit rough when driving. any idea's ? its in the garage tomorrow (AGAIN!!!:( ) so do want to get ripped off. thanks in advance.

nightmare mate, is it tracking ok when rolling? As in it just pulls under braking?

the tracking/alignment are out, as the car pulls right when braking plus steering wheel is off centre but unsure why sounds rough when driving. any idea?

could be a slightly bent suspension arm could be a buckled wheel mate could be anything tho so i would see what the garage says

bent arm rod end etc

Usually the track rod end takes most of the abuse. Could be a number of things though

if any think bust or wheel buckled take pics of damage and measure pot hole and take pics of it and put a claim in to hignways ..i had to do this and they paid put..

wheel looks fine but will get it balanced to see if it buckled. the sound is slightly worrying though. let hope it not as bad when it goes in tomorrow

mind you it might make a noise if the tracking is out as the one tyre is going the right way and the wrong tyre is going another way i think mine made a noise when it was out

fingers crossed!! nothing too major. think the car is great, 2nd A3 8P3 i've had but this one picks up everything :wacko: thanks for all the replies. will keep you posted

hit a pot hole last night. the car is now pulling to the right when i brake plus sounds a bit rough when driving. any idea's ? its in the garage tomorrow (AGAIN!!!:( ) so do want to get ripped off. thanks in advance.

Just put my new wheels on today and hit a pot hole:crying:mine is also pulling slightly under braking and the steering wheel is slightly out of line.sounds fine though.Im gonna get the tracking done asap and hopefully that will cure it.

It drove fine for a grand total of 6hrs.

Just put my new wheels on today and hit a pot hole:crying:mine is also pulling slightly under braking and the steering wheel is slightly out of line.sounds fine though.Im gonna get the tracking done asap and hopefully that will cure it.

It drove fine for a grand total of 6hrs.

thats bad luck mate, i hope there was no damage done and some tracking will sort it! loads of them about, be careful boys

if any think bust or wheel buckled take pics of damage and measure pot hole and take pics of it and put a claim in to hignways ..i had to do this and they paid put..

I did the same years ago. I took photo's of the pot hole including a ruler to show size and depth. I claimed on my insurance and provided the details , they took action against the council and I got my excess back and no affect to the no claims ( It was a Motorcycle and it destroyed my alloy wheel)..

update... the pot hole cost me 2 new tyre, as the inner wall on the o/s tyres had a slight bulge plus the tracking. the steering wheel is slightly out still after tracking (i mean slightly) is this an easy cure?
not sure where the noise has gone, must be paranoid :sadlike: as i picked up a few knocks lately

I did the same years ago. I took photo's of the pot hole including a ruler to show size and depth. I claimed on my insurance and provided the details , they took action against the council and I got my excess back and no affect to the no claims ( It was a Motorcycle and it destroyed my alloy wheel)..

that was a good result mate

when doing the tracking they should have centred the wheel & adjusted both sides making sure the wheel stayed straight. Was it Audi?

Also, when they did your tracking did they do it to the measurements of the correct model (s-line in your case)??
I had mine done some time back and they used the 'standard suspension' settings and it caused my steering wheel to be off centre.
It should say at the top/bottom of the printout they gave you which shows the after alignment resluts (assuming it was laser alignment you had done).

no not at Audi, as they over price on the tyres. when i mean slightly its a 0.5 to 1 degree out. it's just annoying. should i get it laser aligned or refit the steering wheel?

get it laser aligned, best way to be 100% its set right as if its out you will wear your rubber out quicker then you should, and the wheel will just bug you till its right

what with rubber wear?... well it all depends on how out the tracking could be, but you could easily end up eating an inside edge, from what i heard on alfa forums (a few brera's came out with the wrong tracking ) and they went through their fronts in under 8k miles

if you mean how much for tracking, not sure, my tuner charges £70