Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift RS3 8V In Here

Looks like some of the pops and bangs are back. Comments say its from an Iroz Motorsport catless downpipe and midpipe, also mapping too. It says the switchable crackles and pops are louder than pre-facelift.

Gotta love that!!!!

That's the misconception because they aren't just for snow, they are far better in Cold weather, on ice and on wet roads as well as snow

Only really worth getting if you live in Scotland tbh as normal summer tyres are mostly fine in the uk as we have mostly mild weather

I got stuck today in a ****** car park!! Ever such a slight incline, just spun up on the spot and no matter how I threw it around, it would not climb. Had to turn around and go out the wrong way, awful.

Really disappointing but at the moment, we are in the freezing over stage.

I got stuck today in a ****** car park!! Ever such a slight incline, just spun up on the spot and no matter how I threw it around, it would not climb. Had to turn around and go out the wrong way, awful.

I blame the driver! Got everywhere today. And my summer tyres are 13k miles old.

Reactions: DW81

I drove on the a404m yesterday to Marlow. 17cm snow in a few hours is impressive in the uk. Car suspension wasn't great in any mode including comfort but the snow and snow was breaking up badly so really uneven surface. Some tools on the road though. Driving at speed and cutting in front of other people at last second and squeezing into 2 car length gaps. Plus some tool driving up the wrong way on a slip road covered in small amount of snow and ice just missing oncoming cars. Latter I want to report as have the vid but no idea where to go

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I blame the driver! Got everywhere today. And my summer tyres are 13k miles old.

Perhaps, I made the mistake of building up little speed but it was very icy as I nearly fell over myself. Couldn’t help but feel a bit disappointed.

I drove on the a404m yesterday to Marlow. 17cm snow in a few hours is impressive in the uk. Car suspension wasn't great in any mode including comfort but the snow and snow was breaking up badly so really uneven surface. Some tools on the road though. Driving at speed and cutting in front of other people at last second and squeezing into 2 car length gaps. Plus some tool driving up the wrong way on a slip road covered in small amount of snow and ice just missing oncoming cars. Latter I want to report as have the vid but no idea where to go

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I’ve seen people driving like idiots, there is me going into full adverse weather condition mode and some people driving worse than they would on a summers day.

I felt MUCH more at ease out in the girlfriends Corsa tonight, much happier to give it some welly haha.

Obviously your Quattro is faulty. Better go back to the dealer...

Reactions: T-800
I you still running the pzeros on this DOC mate?
Yes. Original tyres, although they have definitely seen better days. Will likely switch to Michelin's next.

Obviously your Quattro is faulty. Better go back to the dealer...

Funnily enough, when the tyres were cold (engine up to temp).. on roads with no snow this afternoon, the fronts were skipping on hard acceleration in 1st. I said to the girlfriend I was worried for the Haldex, but it seemed to behave after that until we got stuck.

Yes. Original tyres, although they have definitely seen better days. Will likely switch to Michelin's next.
I bit the bullet and shelled out for some Pirelli SottoZero’s and give the pzeros a rest I think.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Funnily enough, when the tyres were cold (engine up to temp).. on roads with no snow this afternoon, the fronts were skipping on hard acceleration in 1st. I said to the girlfriend I was worried for the Haldex, but it seemed to behave after that until we got stuck.
Get some winters especially the part of the country you live in mate

It’s typical that I will buy some for next year and we won’t see any weather worthy of them, haha.

It's a no brainer . Good for low temps not just snow . Will prolong your summer life . Small outlay could save you have a "moment" stopping distances vastly improved .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a no brainer . Good for low temps not just snow . Will prolong your summer life . Small outlay could save you have a "moment" stopping distances vastly improved .

Yep a 'moment' where your pants fill up!!

I’m a great believer in winter tyres, we have 3 cars and 2 of which have a set of winter wheels on now. The RS3 hasn’t because of the cost of the purchase just a matter of weeks ago, plus I didn’t plan on using it in weather like this.

255/30/19’s are £250 each for winters. For next winter I’m likely to buy a set of 235/35/19’s keeping tyre cost down and besides, skinnier winters are supposed to be better and then I don’t have to worry if I have any glancing blows with kerbs.

I know Audi nutta that tyres are not cheap but you are driving in £55k+ of motor mate. It’s easy for someone like me to tell you to buy them but when I looked at the 3 on the driveway after a 100mile round trip to Colchester for work especially on that a12 it was a no brainier not to mention the other things I use the car for.

Reactions: AudiNutta and T-800
I know Audi nutta that tyres are not cheap but you are driving in £55k+ of motor mate. It’s easy for someone like me to tell you to buy them but when I looked at the 3 on the driveway after a 100mile round trip to Colchester for work especially on that a12 it was a no brainier not to mention the other things I use the car for.

Best investment you can make and as others say, it’s not all about just driving in snow.

692a1ec9fe13d735bed126b152992bc2.jpg

Reactions: Ozmosis, DW81 and AudiNutta
Summer tyre performance starts to degrade at 7 degrees. If you are in an area prone to the weather then I totally agree that winters are the way to go. Mind you, they don't stop other muppets driving into you........

Reactions: teslaboy, DW81 and AudiNutta
Summer tyre performance starts to degrade at 7 degrees. If you are in an area prone to the weather then I totally agree that winters are the way to go. Mind you, they don't stop other muppets driving into you........

Too True, however 'muppets' can drive into you anytime of the year.....:friends:

Unfortunately spot on. Mind you, some of the driving I have seen in the past 2 days is extraordinary bad - people have no clue about driving in snow & ice.

Agreed. I've seen some people driving down backstreets at a right lick that are honestly covered in ice and are more like ice rinks. If they had to even slightly brake they'd not stand a chance.

And driving normally up to junctions hoping that normal braking will do the trick on sheet ice down a hill. I have avoided 2 overshoots this evening in the road running up to my house - if I had been T-boned by either of the birds I would not be responsible for my actions....... Idiots.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and T-800
And all this has nothing to do with the topic title has it?

Reactions: fastolsen and AudiNutta

We need a separate thread agreed.

To finalise this topic; I’ve gone and bought my winter alloys for next year and as an end result I fear my girlfriend MAY just castrate me, we shall see.

Reactions: Jonny B and Tristan2

The moderators are in town!

Hang on, try Scott Virgo at Worcester Audi... ;)

Reactions: billymc92, Terminator x and Tristan2

As I posted pictures of a FL RS3 with winter wheels can’t say it’s not got anything to do with title

Please can some one tell me . I have the optional , larger at the front wheels . On the saloon . Can I put the standard wheels and tyres on without any change ? Plus are the standard sportback wheels different from the saloon .Sorry but I've searched high and low . It's kind of related.

To finalise this topic; I’ve gone and bought my winter alloys for next year and as an end result I fear my girlfriend MAY just castrate me, we shall see.
Think of the savings you will make if she did. As a Brucie Bonus there would also be no need for rear seats so the R8 V10 Plus becomes a viable option.

Reactions: Ozmosis, DW81 and T-800

It is not exactly like this forum is crammed full of posts mate. We could probably do with 1 thread and manage.

Please can some one tell me . I have the optional , larger at the front wheels . On the saloon . Can I put the standard wheels and tyres on without any change ? Plus are the standard sportback wheels different from the saloon .Sorry but I've searched high and low . It's kind of related.

Saloon has different offset to sportback.

You’ll need to buy the 8J Saloon specific alloys which are ET42 as opposed to ET49 on the sportback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jonny B

But you didn’t buy any winter tires

Reactions: teslaboy and T-800
It is not exactly like this forum is crammed full of posts mate. We could probably do with 1 thread and manage.

Exactly, and where are all the photos of everyone's nice new RS3's !! Not seen many posts of saloons on here...

Reactions: FBF01

Someone’s whipped

Reactions: AudiNutta and DW81
Panther black rs3 with carbon pack :) sorry cars abit dirty it rained lol

Attachments

• F5D8FA69-B5F8-477A-8DF2-96ECC304EECA.jpeg
    F5D8FA69-B5F8-477A-8DF2-96ECC304EECA.jpeg
    411.5 KB · Views: 281
  • 599F03B9-3B58-405F-847C-E2CF8F9C79CD.jpeg
    599F03B9-3B58-405F-847C-E2CF8F9C79CD.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 286
Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, D0C, teslaboy and 4 others
Lovely mate and in the best form of black, it really pops in the sunlight.

Exactly, and where are all the photos of everyone's nice new RS3's !! Not seen many posts of saloons on here...
I will try to do some tomorrow. It has either been too cold or dark since Monday!

Very nice & more pictures would be appreciated if you can be bothered. I have to wait until March for my Panther.

Very nice & more pictures would be appreciated if you can be bothered. I have to wait until March for my Panther.

March will be here very quickly.... I am waiting like you but mid January the build will start and you will be staring at that and then it will be time to collect :)

Reactions: Callum66