Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift RS3 8V In Here

Regarding the front plate... does anyone know where the cheapest place is to get an OEM plate holder to then cut down to fit a smaller plate?

I’ve tried and failed to find. Still working on getting my easy to remove solution to work, here is a clip borrowed....

Reactions: Phil3
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/172388029015

I wouldn’t go for pressed, they get real tatty very quickly. 3D Gel are my favourite and I used to like pressed. Acrylic plate with as it says, 3D Gel lettering on the front and they look brilliant. They last extremely well, my last set had been on 3 cars and still looked new!! I bought a new set for the RS3 anyway.

The carbon fibre lettering is illegal, but gloss black is 100% legal.
Never had any problems with the pressed plates going faded and tatty to be honest, will coat them with gtechniq c5 wheel armour like I did with the wheels because I’m abit if a freak like that:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Never had any problems with the pressed plates going faded and tatty to be honest, will coat them with gtechniq c5 wheel armour like I did with the wheels because I’m abit if a freak like that:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

They don’t fade, they chip terrible and on reflection I don’t really like the bright bright yellow the rears come in.

Winters are on

f653fb7271c775ca9ddad385d70deb90.jpg

Reactions: DW81 and Jonny B
Winters are on

f653fb7271c775ca9ddad385d70deb90.jpg

Nice winters!!

What tyres do you have? I definitely need tyres for next winter if I plan on using it. Dunlop’s are £250 each, doesn’t seem to be a lot on the market for 255/30/19.

Never understood the big deal with winter tyres in the UK. For the one day of the year that it might snow, it's usually light and the four wheel drive of the RS3 will be more than adequate for the likely conditions. Only rear wheel drive cars really need them if you're a half decent driver.

Nice winters!!

What tyres do you have? I definitely need tyres for next winter if I plan on using it. Dunlop’s are £250 each, doesn’t seem to be a lot on the market for 255/30/19.

235 Pirelli SottoZero 3’s.

Never understood the big deal with winter tyres in the UK. For the one day of the year that it might snow, it's usually light and the four wheel drive of the RS3 will be more than adequate for the likely conditions. Only rear wheel drive cars really need them if you're a half decent driver.

It’s not just for snow that’s the biggest mistaken assumption of winter tyres, they are cold weather tyres. Below 7 degrees summer tyres don’t soften, they remain a hard compound whereas below 7 degrees a winter tyre will have the reverse effect.. the colder it gets, the softer they get. Just need to look at brake testing on both to see why cold weather tyres can be life savers, also aid in wet conditions.

But I do agree that the Quattro system is enough for most, depends on what you want to use it for.

That's the misconception because they aren't just for snow, they are far better in Cold weather, on ice and on wet roads as well as snow

Only really worth getting if you live in Scotland tbh as normal summer tyres are mostly fine in the uk as we have mostly mild weather

Reactions: AudiNutta
Ha ha oops looked like the wheels on the wife's S3 :eek:

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

It’s not just for snow that’s the biggest mistaken assumption of winter tyres, they are cold weather tyres. Below 7 degrees summer tyres don’t soften, they remain a hard compound whereas below 7 degrees a winter tyre will have the reverse effect.. the colder it gets, the softer they get. Just need to look at brake testing on both to see why cold weather tyres can be life savers, also aid in wet conditions.

But I do agree that the Quattro system is enough for most, depends on what you want to use it for.
My summer tyres are 13k miles old and shot to bits. I still had no traction issues whatsoever on Thursday when I was driving in all manner of conditions for the entire day. There's no way the RS3 needs winter tyres because it's less than 7 degrees or a bit wet!

****** hell wish I hadn’t posted it now

Reactions: Evil Diesel and AudiNutta
We’ll definitely get an additional set of winter wheels and tyres for the RS3 - people don’t seem to know the difference between grip and traction.

4wd is great for pulling away (traction) but won’t be able to stop, just like any other car in the snow or cold conditions

I fitted the winter wheels and Michelin Alpins to the C63 today

I take it all back. I've just woken up to find my street covered in about a foot of snow! :sos:

Reactions: zaka7, Terminator x, Jonny B and 1 other person
I take it all back. I've just woken up to find my street covered in about a foot of snow! :sos:

Lmao! I want to take my car out and see how it does, Dad says I’d be foolish to but he has an Allroad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonny B
I need winter tyres as where I travel in Europe they are a legal requirement. Question . I have the optional wheels on my saloon which Are 19 :8.5 and 19:8. If I can find an unwanted set of the original wheels which I’m guessing are both 19:8 can I put these straight on without changing anything else , as in the hub etc are all the same?
I’m planning on having two sets of wheels and tyres. Sorry if this is obvious. Plus somewhere I heard the sport back and saloon wheels were different in some way as far as size or fit was concerned. I might have dreamt that last bit.
Thanks all.

I have winters on a disco 4 and the stopping distances in the wet and cold are vastly improved not sure on a lighter vehicle. But if like me you are running a winter set of wheels that you don’t mind getting a bit scuzzy then you might as well stick winters on . As long as you keep the car through a tyre change doesn’t cost much more . Always a mkt for the extra wheels when you are finished with them .

I have winters on a disco 4 and the stopping distances in the wet and cold are vastly improved not sure on a lighter vehicle. But if like me you are running a winter set of wheels that you don’t mind getting a bit scuzzy then you might as well stick winters on . As long as you keep the car through a tyre change doesn’t cost much more . Always a mkt for the extra wheels when you are finished with them .

I just found my ABS kicking in a lot yesterday but it was just as much ice as snow. So I’m curious to go out in the 6 inches of snow today but the car is also damn expensive to bend.

Reactions: Jonny B
I just found my ABS kicking in a lot yesterday but it was just as much ice as snow. So I’m curious to go out in the 6 inches of snow today but the car is also damn expensive to bend.
It’s not your abilities or the cars , it’s the idiots on the road that drive beyond their capabilities in these conditions
That will lead to your car getting damaged. Whenever I come to a standstill in these conditions I just stare in the rear view mirror hoping I don’t get rear ended.

Reactions: D0C
It’s not your abilities or the cars , it’s the idiots on the road that drive beyond their capabilities in these conditions
That will lead to your car getting damaged. Whenever I come to a standstill in these conditions I just stare in the rear view mirror hoping I don’t get rear ended.

Yep that’s very true, too many numpties around on dry roads.

T-800 could you please post a better photo of your car with the RS6 rims?
Would like to see a full body view, preferably in daylight.
Many thanks

Just had an awesome drive out to the pub for lunch. Providing you're in a wide open space and not going to kill anyone, it's great fun.

Reactions: AudiNutta and Jonny B
Lmao! I want to take my car out and see how it does, Dad says I’d be foolish to but he has an Allroad.
Shame, I can't seem to ever upload videos to this site. Took mine out and did some TC vs no TC launches in the snow...hilarious!

Reactions: AudiNutta and DW81
It’s all opinions mate, some people like black cars some blue some red some white all that matters is what YOU like
Shame, I can't seem to ever upload videos to this site. Took mine out and did some TC vs no TC launches in the snow...hilarious!
Love for you to be able to show us this DOC sounds like a lot of fun mate

Download Tapatalk and you can uploade through that app.

1st gear foot down for me too in the snow today, hilarious!

TX.

Reactions: DW81
Finally a day with dry roads and sun:)

Attachments

• RS3.jpg
    RS3.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 184
I didn't think the silver would work on it but it actually looks fantastic. Nice one.

1st gear foot down for me too in the snow today, hilarious!

TX.

Is this with TC off?

With TC on mine just gets to 4000rpm and stop, TC in sport and it gets to 5000rpm. I haven’t tried TC off...

Looks like some of the pops and bangs are back. Comments say its from an Iroz Motorsport catless downpipe and midpipe, also mapping too. It says the switchable crackles and pops are louder than pre-facelift.

Reactions: billymc92
It's getting there for sure.

Can anyone explain why I can't upload videos via Tapatalk? It will allow photos, but not videos. Took some yesterday that really show off the deep sound of the PFL.

Looks like some of the pops and bangs are back. Comments say its from an Iroz Motorsport catless downpipe and midpipe, also mapping too. It says the switchable crackles and pops are louder than pre-facelift.

Seems like you have to shell out a few coins to make it sound like the PFL

235 Pirelli SottoZero 3’s.
Hi mate looking to get some winter rubber a toss up between the Vredesteins and pirelli’s. How do you find the Pirelli’s as I’m on the pzero’s I find them great during the not so colder months

Hi mate looking to get some winter rubber a toss up between the Vredesteins and pirelli’s. How do you find the Pirelli’s as I’m on the pzero’s I find them great during the not so colder months

2nd Winter on these now.

No issues at all I like em.

Good looking sidewalls too.

Cheers mate bit the bullet and ordered 4, I look at that expensive bit of metal on the drive and think it’s a small price to pay to keep it on the road.