Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift A3/S3 8V In Here

Hey Guys,

Finally got a dry day over here in west yorkshire ! :D Bought ****** time. Done around 600 mile now and had the car about 3 weeks. Went to town on the car today & its taken me around 4-5 hours. There is a cheeky filter on one of the photos too, i think it looks amazing couldn't help it :D Enjoy

Stunning job mate 3dr looks amazing with BSP and those alloys!!

Big fan of the Autoglym Quick Detailer here too but just bought Nanolex Final Finish to try.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and Carl_S3
Standard wash;
Bucket, wash mits, armourall car wash gel (people say armourall is rubbish but you can apply soap as when you need it)
Leathered off with shammys
Autoglym claybar
Autoglym rapid detailor
meguiars tyre gel
Autoglym super resin polish
Autoglym extra gloss protection
Autoglym car glass cleaner
Autosol for the exhausts

Dont use anything but autoglym, there might be better products out there but i still think its some of the best products around :)

If it works for you mate why not , I've use all of the products you listed years ago, the extra gloss protection is awesome kit.... Hence the finish on your car, but l wouldn't polish the car again for a good long time..... As it can be quite aggressive although SRP is great for masking swirls.......

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Carl_S3 and Rob2k68
ae4d9abd2e024130f286e0f4951bfe0b.jpg
079c86ef282daf978742bdbd9254f689.jpg

Just chilling at our villa in the south of France. Driving round the ardeche is awesome in these. Loving every minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AllStar, Bristle Hound, jjc86 and 9 others
ae4d9abd2e024130f286e0f4951bfe0b.jpg
079c86ef282daf978742bdbd9254f689.jpg

Just chilling at our villa in the south of France. Driving round the ardeche is awesome in these. Loving every minute.

Pretty awesome backdrop! Car's looking good too.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Shaun-84 and Rob2k68
Pretty awesome backdrop! Car's looking good too.

Thanks bud, yeah the while area has back drops like this. This is actually at the villa, when you drive through the gorges etc backdrops get much better. An driving through tunnels carved out of the mountain car sounds epic through those.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Djs3saloon and Tom.H
Admittedly the car ain't the main attraction in some of these but any excuse eh! Taken on our break around part of the North Coast 500 route, which is spectacular and also great for seeing some interesting vehicles.
d962f363053d7a30faee5d74a7286049.jpg
e35f6f1731594dce7421188a7b532399.jpg
5d0abc4b2efea28aafb7d64d34557a8f.jpg
fd763faba1b3ce4323f21e65f68e16d3.jpg
98040d056045400464fc61d7aea20335.jpg
48727d4f701b2679bd4b3e73d580d6eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Steelster, Flying Scotsman and 7 others
Navarra does look good in the sun, just too dark for me though!

I had that issue with water spots when I washed mine so am now waiting on delivery of a Race Glaze water filter to stop that problem!
This is what I love about forums such as this. R32oc was once up on a time as useful to me as this site is proving to be!
Top shout Tom! I had read this post with relation and thought of follow in your footsteps with this raceglaze water filter.
Really impressed! Water marks are the devil, and this filter knocks that problem right out the park for me :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Tom.H and AL_B
Vortex generators above rear window. Not stuck on yet, just pulled over for a quick photo of them lined up. Still unsure?

Attachments

• ZZoN9ga.jpg
    ZZoN9ga.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 436
Reactions: Rob2k68
Vortex generators above rear window. Not stuck on yet, just pulled over for a quick photo of them lined up. Still unsure?
sorry, but its a no from me

Reactions: Ridereasy, Jassyo06, Audi Bairn and 2 others

Hard to spot at first but looks like you have the world's best radio/sat nav reception ! :grinning:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, azibux1, MattSedg and 1 other person
Another No from me too, totally spoils the look of the car imho

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and azibux1
Another No from me too, totally spoils the look of the car imho
Yup!

Leave the fins and "vortex" generators to the likes of the Evo and the rest of the Jap crowd I say

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
First wash since detailing and Gyeon MOHS+ coatings!!

wzxC1bs.jpg

LxKmn48.jpg

TkVO4rtg.jpg

Reactions: CHCCubs, jjc86, Reggieboy71 and 7 others
Now one with the sun shining on her :D

06602cc4016f3e69355939c2002266de.jpg

Reactions: jjc86, Rob2k68, MattSedg and 3 others
Now one with the sun shining on her :D

06602cc4016f3e69355939c2002266de.jpg

I find it's so hard to try and get a pic that does it justice when the sun is out. It's too sparkly for the camera!

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn, JDHOWELLS and 1 other person
I find it's so hard to try and get a pic that does it justice when the sun is out. It's too sparkly for the camera!

Really.....lol

Darker colours are more photogenic full stop mate....Ara in the sun light is pretty light in tone,a Q2 passed me today it Ara it looked gash

Ps Voodoo...will probably be the same in direct sunlight

Reactions: David McQueen, Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Really.....lol

Darker colours are more photogenic full stop mate....Ara in the sun light is pretty light in tone,a Q2 passed me today it Ara it looked gash

Nah seriously, I've tried getting a shot of it up close and it's nothing like a pearl to photograph.

Can't understand why they offer it on the Q2 tbh, it's on the R8, TTS and S3. The Q2 is definitely the odd one out!

Bro sent me this pic the other day of an Ara TTS

79519EDA-B997-4737-A571-8473C4D0C6DC.jpg

Reactions: AL_B, jjc86, Rob2k68 and 4 others
Nah seriously, I've tried getting a shot of it up close and it's nothing like a pearl to photograph.

Can't understand why they offer it on the Q2 tbh, it's on the R8, TTS and S3. The Q2 is definitely the odd one out!

Bro sent me this pic the other day of an Ara TTS

79519EDA-B997-4737-A571-8473C4D0C6DC.jpg

Stunning stunning Ara really suits the TTS Black Edition.....but them alloys dont even if there 20"s...l much prefer the 19"s RS6 style like on this....Hulk....lol..
A viper green tts

Reactions: karb0n, Rob2k68, MattSedg and 2 others
100% agree! I am yet to see any picture online that resembles how mine looks in person. Couldn't be happier with my choice in Ara, it is fast becoming my favourite option I ended up with! In the end I'm glad Sepang (even as an exclusive) wasn't an option, my buyers remorse for whichever colour I'd have chosen would have been painful.

EDIT:
@Tom.H I actually walked out to the car with the sun beaming onto her, and had to take 2 or 3 looks and then a closer one to wonder if I had all sorts of spiderwebs or something all over. Turned out it was the crystal flecks, had never seen them sparkle like that before!

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Stunning stunning Ara really suits the TTS Black Edition.....but them alloys dont even if there 20"s...l much prefer the 19"s RS6 style like on this....Hulk....lol..View attachment 128462

Yeah I wasn't a fan of those wheels on it at all!

100% agree! I am yet to see any picture online that resembles how mine looks in person. Couldn't be happier with my choice in Ara, it is fast becoming my favourite option I ended up with! In the end I'm glad Sepang (even as an exclusive) wasn't an option, my buyers remorse for whichever colour I'd have chosen would have been painful.

EDIT:
@Tom.H I actually walked out to the car with the sun beaming onto her, and had to take 2 or 3 looks and then a closer one to wonder if I had all sorts of spiderwebs or something all over. Turned out it was the crystal flecks, had never seen them sparkle like that before!

Haha I find it's a colour you just have to look at as you walk past/away from lol

Reactions: Steelster and Rob2k68
@Sam Millar - Oh dear oh dear Sam. Its a no. No 'Max Power' mods here please ;)

(Vortex generators? Sounds as tho' you need some Wind-eze mate lol)
Setlers_Wind_Eze_Gel_Caps_20x.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68, Steelster, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Really.....lol

I have to totally agree....Ara Blue in full sun is not as nice as Sepang Blue or darker shades of blue. Ara Blue is at it's best on cloudy, partially cloudy and really cool at dusk, night time with street lighting and underground parking with fluorescent lighting. Ara Blue viewed up close on full sun has a kind of washed out blue with a lot of sparkle.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
I have to totally agree....Ara Blue in full sun is not as nice as Sepang Blue or darker shades of blue. Ara Blue is at it's best on cloudy, partially cloudy and really cool at dusk, night time with street lighting and underground parking with fluorescent lighting. Ara Blue viewed up close on full sun has a kind of washed out blue with a lot of sparkle.
Have to agree! I prefer the look of mine when it is overcast like you said. Strange considering with it being a 'crystal' paint you would expect it to be in its prime in the sunshine but like you I just think it looks better when it has more depth to it under differing light.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Some shiny Pics of my Nano Grey S3 Black Edition.

Attachments

• IMG_4463.jpg
    IMG_4463.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 387
  • IMG_4464.jpg
    IMG_4464.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 390
  • IMG_4465.jpg
    IMG_4465.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 387
  • IMG_4466.jpg
    IMG_4466.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 367
  • IMG_4467.jpg
    IMG_4467.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 379
  • IMG_4469.jpg
    IMG_4469.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 374
Reactions: S3tuart, jjc86, Chris43 and 11 others
Nice, what protection or wax are you using, very glossy.
Currently has the compulsory dealer applied money spinner Gardx. I used to use meguiars back in the day - they still producing good stuff?

Love that nano. It seems to be a bit marmite on here, but I'm definitely a fan.

Reactions: AllStar
Love that nano. It seems to be a bit marmite on here, but I'm definitely a fan.

It's like a good whisky - you need a sophisticated palate to appreciate it!

To be fair I probably wouldn't have specced nano myself. Might've gone Daytona like the rest of the Grey pack.

The car was a cancelled order but whoever specced it ticked all the right option boxes. Plus my wait time from heading up the garage to have a look around to test driving the car with zero miles and buying was an impressive 24 hours!

Reactions: Terminator x and Audi Bairn
His and hers, keeping chilled!
4f5785af0698864423bcf365d26a21de.jpg

Did'nt know we had..."Post photos of your Garage" Thread...started...lol A right couple of petrol heads you and the Mrs...lol...

Reactions: TDI-line, Djs3saloon, Audi Bairn and 3 others
It's like a good whisky - you need a sophisticated palate to appreciate it!

To be fair I probably wouldn't have specced nano myself. Might've gone Daytona like the rest of the Grey pack.

The car was a cancelled order but whoever specced it ticked all the right option boxes. Plus my wait time from heading up the garage to have a look around to test driving the car with zero miles and buying was an impressive 24 hours!

To be honest l don't like Whiskey at all....wouldnt touch the stuff if ye paid me to do so...lol....and Nanoo Nanoo Grey.....is probably my least fav paint colour.....but....but...it looks good on hatcback....just ....lol

Reactions: TDI-line, Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
To be honest l don't like Whiskey at all....wouldnt touch the stuff if ye paid me to do so...lol....and Nanoo Nanoo Grey.....is probably my least fav paint colour.....but....but...it looks good on hatcback....just ....lol

How do you feel about Nardo grey? That's got to be the ultimate love it or loathe it colour.

Reactions: Rob2k68, TDI-line and Jassyo06
How do you feel about Nardo grey? That's got to be the ultimate love it or loathe it colour.

Lol that is the most Horrendous colour ever to be applied to a Audi.....test drove a a RS3 in it 2 years ago nearly....l felt sad for the car.....lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and TDI-line
I used to think that about Nardo, but when I saw an RS3 in it, I just thought "that's the colour for that car" and wanted one. Sadly it was too much of a stretch, so the Nardo RS3 will be the "one that got away" :-(

Lol that is the most Horrendous colour ever to be applied to a Audi.....test drove a a RS3 in it 2 years ago nearly....l felt sad for the car.....lol

I totally understand. BUT there's something about it.... it's strange intriguing interesting... I just can't stop staring at Nardo when I see it. Nano is like the radio friendly remix of Nardo. More accessible, easier to get along with.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
I used to think that about Nardo, but when I saw an RS3 in it, I just thought "that's the colour for that car" and wanted one. Sadly it was too much of a stretch, so the Nardo RS3 will be the "one that got away" :-(
Agreed. I've only seen it in the flesh on an RS6. Monster grey!

Reactions: AL_B
I was talking to a friend last week and a Nardo RS3 drove past. He's not into Audi's much but he liked the car and called the paint Gunmetal Grey.

Reactions: AllStar
IMG 0104 Nothing wrong with Nardo........jassy:gun2:IMG 0104lol,it's better being called Battle Ship Gray

Reactions: TDI-line, S3tuart, Rob2k68 and 4 others