Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift A3/S3 8V In Here

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and a 'soon to be' proud s3 owner.

I've ordered the Daytona grey with the matte brushed aluminium pack (as they no longer offer the black styling pack?) but am yet to see one. Does anyone have a picture of what I can look forward to getting?

Thanks

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68 and pburv
I am also new to the forum and on Sept 1st ordered an S3 saloon. mag ride, 19" wheels, Ara Blue (n/a in UK) delivery date to Vancouver Canada Jan 20th to Feb23rd....that is a long wait!!. If anyone has received an S3 in Ara Blue, I would love to see some pics

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and a 'soon to be' proud s3 owner.

I've ordered the Daytona grey with the matte brushed aluminium pack (as they no longer offer the black styling pack?) but am yet to see one. Does anyone have a picture of what I can look forward to getting?

Thanks
From one newbie to another:salute: Also have an S3 on order although it doesn't sound as though it'll be soon.

What's this 'matte brushed aluminium pack' you speak of, I can' find it anywhere??

That's only to be expected mate,with the excitement of yer new car...lt was only on a wee wind up on my behalf.....lol
Yes I know man...I particularly like the Chivy Chivy Bang Bang comment!

Reactions: Simon L, pburv, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
From one newbie to another:salute: Also have an S3 on order although it doesn't sound as though it'll be soon.

What's this 'matte brushed aluminium pack' you speak of, I can' find it anywhere??

It's basically the 'black edition kit' so matte aluminium grill wing mirrors and window surrounds as a pose to chrome. Still haven't seen one with this option on though so keen to see mine! It's a £200 option

S5?...nice mate, av smoked a couple of them in me S3....LOL

Must've been some auld bloke driving it then lol
But yeah, the 3 is 0.3 or 0.4 0-60 quicker than the 5.
Both different drives / power delivery but great cars too.

Reactions: Simon L and pburv
I am also new to the forum and on Sept 1st ordered an S3 saloon. mag ride, 19" wheels, Ara Blue (n/a in UK) delivery date to Vancouver Canada Jan 20th to Feb23rd....that is a long wait!!. If anyone has received an S3 in Ara Blue, I would love to see some pics

Welcome FS!
You guys certainly have a longer wait to endure than some of us but it'll be worth it.
Have you emigrated to BC or are you a Canuck?
I know your city fairly well. Been there 7 times in the last 9 years, mainly on the way up to Whistler for the skiing.
Gods country!

Must've been some auld bloke driving it then lol
But yeah, the 3 is 0.3 or 0.4 0-60 quicker than the 5.
Both different drives / power delivery but great cars too.
It's older more wiser guys like myself lol that buy S5s the new yin is silly money with a good spec £52k wtf

Reactions: Simon L and pburv
It's older more wiser guys like myself lol that buy S5s the new yin is silly money with a good spec £52k wtf

I agree bud. I'm not exactly as young as I'd like to think either ha ha.
Partly the cost and partly not convinced by the looks that I decided to move away from the S5 this time around.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Simon L and pburv
It's here and I'm loving it already!!! Was sad to see the Mlite go as I drove her to the stealer but that didn't last long once a few miles were put on the clock in the S3.
Apologies for the poor light photo but having collected it earlier tonight the light was fading fast. We're spending the day tomorrow getting her shined up properly so hope to have some better photos up soon.
5ce2cccd6e857d9c4f5037d599cdb412.jpg

Reactions: MikeSel^, S., Audi Bairn and 19 others
It's here and I'm loving it already!!! Was sad to see the Mlite go as I drove her to the stealer but that didn't last long once a few miles were put on the clock in the S3.
Apologies for the poor light photo but having collected it earlier tonight the light was fading fast. We're spending the day tomorrow getting her shined up properly so hope to have some better photos up soon.
Nice looking motor mate...Enjoy.. :friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06, Soup and 2 others

Ohhhhhhh yes, I like that a lot... but only because its exactly what I've ordered! :D Congrats and enjoy.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06, CrypticMG and 5 others

That's a wee cracker :) Colour really suits the HB

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06, Brasso and 3 others
Welcome FS!
You guys certainly have a longer wait to endure than some of us but it'll be worth it.
Have you emigrated to BC or are you a Canuck?
I know your city fairly well. Been there 7 times in the last 9 years, mainly on the way up to Whistler for the skiing.
Gods country!

I left Scotland and went to Canada on a lark, when I had lots of hair and wound up in Vancouver and just loved the City, surrounding area and way of life. Now I am an old fart (68) but young at heart. Thus my choice in ordering an S3, love the size, quattro,exterior and interior looks plus the zoom zoom and fun factor!
In my humble opinion a lot of cars are just too large today. I looked at Jaguar XF, too big and bad outward vision, great motor and suspension though...BMW 3 series tested for comparison purposes only to S3 but I would not be seen dead in a bimmer (too much of a wannabee car for me) ...Lexus IS 350F not bad, not much of a fun factor to drive.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 2 others
I left Scotland and went to Canada on a lark, when I had lots of hair and wound up in Vancouver and just loved the City, surrounding area and way of life. Now I am an old fart (68) but young at heart. Thus my choice in ordering an S3, love the size, quattro,exterior and interior looks plus the zoom zoom and fun factor!
In my humble opinion a lot of cars are just too large today. I looked at Jaguar XF, too big and bad outward vision, great motor and suspension though...BMW 3 series tested for comparison purposes only to S3 but I would not be seen dead in a bimmer (too much of a wannabee car for me) ...Lexus IS 350F not bad, not much of a fun factor to drive.
You're as young as you feel mate....:rockwoot:
Good on you...
ps Wisdom comes with age....Nice choice of car:friends:

Apparently Audi have had issues/fall out with their supplier of the black styling packs! At least I'm told by my local.

Very odd to let this happen - no black styling pack for the FL A3, new A4 etc. I couldn't have a car without it now.

Apparently Audi have had issues/fall out with their supplier of the black styling packs! At least I'm told by my local.

Very odd to let this happen - no black styling pack for the FL A3, new A4 etc. I couldn't have a car without it now.
Bollards the BSP is available in ze fazerland on both the the S3 and S4

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
And dealers wonder why no-one trusts them...

Reactions: gripross and pburv
Sooo today was my day. Not exactly the greatest of photos but hey - may get the DSLR out for a proper shoot soon haha

Only thing is, should the boot ceiling in the saloon have a lining? Looks like someones nabbed it! lol

(ps. Loving it!:D) :

Reactions: Audi Bairn, gripross, keenu and 7 others
Just a quick question not sure if im allowed to post this here...

I've got the pre-facelift s3 8v...less than a year old...don't think i can just swap straight to the new facelift.... but does Audi or anyone sell the new facelift bumper?!?!?! It just looks so NOICE

Reactions: pburv

Your wait time sounds quite long, is it due to the colour? I'm in Toronto and ordered around the same time as you and am told my car will arrive in December (Nano grey on rock grey interior).

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Just a quick question not sure if im allowed to post this here...

I've got the pre-facelift s3 8v...less than a year old...don't think i can just swap straight to the new facelift.... but does Audi or anyone sell the new facelift bumper?!?!?! It just looks so NOICE
Anything is doable if you throw enough money at it...Audi will stock the new shape bumpers for sure but in addition to this you will have to replace the headlamps as well.....A very costly mod either way...:friends:

Reactions: LynxACN, Rob2k68, Simon L and 1 other person
Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L, pburv and 1 other person
Reactions: SW14NY'S, Rob2k68, Simon L and 2 others
Sooo today was my day. Not exactly the greatest of photos but hey - may get the DSLR out for a proper shoot soon haha

Only thing is, should the boot ceiling in the saloon have a lining? Looks like someones nabbed it! lol

(ps. Loving it!:D) :View attachment 104303View attachment 104304 View attachment 104306View attachment 104305

Veeeery nice, black gives it a real sense of purpose.

Is this the first facelift saloon S3 we've had on here? Congrats if so... and hard luck if someone else beat you to it. :p

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, Simon L and 2 others
Your wait time sounds quite long, is it due to the colour? I'm in Toronto and ordered around the same time as you and am told my car will arrive in December (Nano grey on rock grey interior).

Yes, the long wait is due to the colour...Ara Blue...I knew that up front but I love that colour. I first saw it on an R8 and was going to go with Sepang Blue but Audi discontinued it for 2017 and for me that was a bonus with Ara Blue replacement.

Veeeery nice, black gives it a real sense of purpose.

Is this the first facelift saloon S3 we've had on here? Congrats if so... and hard luck if someone else beat you to it. :p

Haha cheers mate.

Don't think i've seen anyone post photos of their facelift S3 Saloon yet so could be the first - Bit surprised though considering I didn't order as soon as the order books opened and could've collected before I went away for a couple of weeks!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, Simon L and 2 others
Haha cheers mate.

Don't think i've seen anyone post photos of their facelift S3 Saloon yet so could be the first - Bit surprised though considering I didn't order as soon as the order books opened and could've collected before I went away for a couple of weeks!

It's a beaut mate, very nearly went panther myself ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68, CarloS3 and 1 other person
7 months after first ordering a PFL I finally picked up my FL today. Very happy with the colour!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 507
Reactions: S., Jassyo06, gripross and 7 others
:hi:Ok, so not quite the photo I was expecting to upload but managed to get the Autoshine on it before the rain got to us. No idea when we can take some decent ones but we're travelling up country tomorrow so at least we'll put some of those early running in miles on.
The one thing I will say about Navarre Blue is it certainly shows it's moods - seriously dark in some lights and seriously popping lighter blue in others - I love it!! Totally fascinating!!
Oh, and almost forgot the important bit, luuuuuurrrrvvv the drive (even taking it steady!)
One thing though - BMW's baggage hooks are more substantial - important to us girly's for stopping our handbags shooting across the boot when cornering :racer:.....

Reactions: Jassyo06, Audi Bairn, samo26 and 3 others
:hi:Ok, so not quite the photo I was expecting to upload but managed to get the Autoshine on it before the rain got to us. No idea when we can take some decent ones but we're travelling up country tomorrow so at least we'll put some of those early running in miles on.
The one thing I will say about Navarre Blue is it certainly shows it's moods - seriously dark in some lights and seriously popping lighter blue in others - I love it!! Totally fascinating!!
Oh, and almost forgot the important bit, luuuuuurrrrvvv the drive (even taking it steady!)
One thing though - BMW's baggage hooks are more substantial - important to us girly's for stopping our handbags shooting across the boot when cornering :racer:.....
View attachment 104345
Nice bit of beading....:friends:
Are these the hooks you are referring to?
Upload 2016 9 24 19 36 50
If so you must be doing some serious cornering or you must have a huuuuuge handbag....lol

Nice bit of beading....:friends:
Are these the hooks you are referring to?
View attachment 104360 If so you must be doing some serious cornering or you must have a huuuuuge handbag....lol
Not if you've got a hatchback :crying:. Perhaps I need to start a new thread for girly owners on this one ....:sign hijacked:
Ps - Can't believe I actually left my glass of wine in my nice warm home and went out in the rain to take this one :stupid:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Audi Bairn, pburv and 2 others
Not if you've got a hatchback :crying:. Perhaps I need to start a new thread for girly owners on this one ....:sign hijacked:
Ps - Can't believe I actually left my glass of wine in my nice warm home and went out in the rain to take this one :stupid:
View attachment 104382

I can believe it... this forum brings out the crazy side of people! :hubbahubba:

@Soup you've got a boot tray/mat thingy? Do you also have a space-saver wheel?

I can believe it... this forum brings out the crazy side of people! :hubbahubba:

@Soup you've got a boot tray/mat thingy? Do you also have a space-saver wheel?

Yes! Didn't ask for it, came as standard. Other cool thing is the subwoofer is located neatly in the middle of the space-saver so that you don't even know what it is (or at least I didn't until told...)

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Rob2k68
Yes! Didn't ask for it, came as standard. Other cool thing is the subwoofer is located neatly in the middle of the space-saver so that you don't even know what it is (or at least I didn't until told...)

So you get a spacesaver wheel and they threw in the boot mat? Good show... might get a boot mat for mine.

Reactions: Rob2k68
View attachment 104382
LOL mines the same, dealer jokingly told me it was to hang "the indian takeaway on" when i tried it almost snapped it!

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Rob2k68
So you get a spacesaver wheel and they threw in the boot mat? Good show... might get a boot mat for mine.

Ah, no, ordered the boot mat in advance - didn't get it free but we ordered with mats (habit with new cars). Had a boot liner in the Mlite which earned it's spurs as we had an 'incident' with a tin of antifoul - not pretty but nowhere near as bad as it could have been if we didn't have the liner. #ooops