Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift A3/S3 8V In Here

Think that will be the picture to beat now, @MattSedg has set the bar :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: craigwhelan, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Think that will be the picture to beat now, @MattSedg has set the bar :tearsofjoy:
Now now, I hope I'm not going to start a forum trend of swinging across two lanes if traffic for a picture :rockwoot:

If traffic conditions allow...then go right ahead :whistle2:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Tom.H
Freshly detailed.

8E7DE338-48A1-4D71-983F-AAF449B77A6E_zps5bvuh3kw.jpg

77589B52-4823-4D18-BBDB-FDA4AF1309E5_zpselm7pgeb.jpg

3BF7D243-4699-42F0-A7B6-F5570F86A87E_zpsonl7qg2k.jpg

Reactions: Steelster, Reggieboy71, Rob2k68 and 8 others
What did you use??

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mostly auto finesse products for me dude, snow foamed, washed, clay mitted and then auto finesse Tripple all in one then finished it off with 2x coats auto finesse power seal

Reactions: Rob2k68, Mark Anthony, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Only a pro would know its not Nardo/Prozac Grey.....lol....its Nardo/Prozac Grey Junior....lol

Reactions: Rob2k68
@MattSedg - ^ Great pic buddy !
The way its parked it looks like you're the getaway driver for others who are doing a bank robbery ! lol
gotta do what you gotta do when you get done in by insurers and the new road tax :gun2::greedy dollars:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06, Audi Bairn and 2 others
was up at 4am so went out whilst nobody was around.....sad bas***d
View attachment 129026

That is a top class pic. And to be up at 4am too, dedication.

Wonder what the towns cctv operators were thinking about some bloke parking his car in the middle of the street.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: jjc86, Rob2k68 and Audi Bairn
lol..love it...they even put some bunting up for the occasion

Reactions: jjc86, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Still looking clean despite a trip around Norfolk this weekend!
IMG 20170626 132720 944

Reactions: Reggieboy71, Chris43, Rob2k68 and 8 others
Does this count?

I'm not convinced it would win any awards in the Extreme Parking category either...although to their credit, the dealer has massive parking spaces for their cars unsurprisingly (helps its a brand new site and showroom I suppose).

Attachments

• audi_s3_dealer_picture_01_audi_sport_net.png
    audi_s3_dealer_picture_01_audi_sport_net.png
    414.6 KB · Views: 278
Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
I was asked to go in and pay for my A4 the day before I picked it up. I asked whether it would be OK to take a look at the car since I would be on the premises and the reply was a definite 'yeah sure'. So I went over and duly paid for it and was then taken outside to their parking bay and it looked just like yours! Inside was mostly protected with cardboard packaging so my preview of the car was a bit of an anti-climax. Next day of course was a different story - plated and prepped and absolutely gleaming.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I was asked to go in and pay for my A4 the day before I picked it up. I asked whether it would be OK to take a look at the car since I would be on the premises and the reply was a definite 'yeah sure'. So I went over and duly paid for it and was then taken outside to their parking bay and it looked just like yours! Inside was mostly protected with cardboard packaging so my preview of the car was a bit of an anti-climax. Next day of course was a different story - plated and prepped and absolutely gleaming.
Ahh good point, I must qualify this, sorry I've been mostly posting in to the order tracker thread...

The PDI on my car isn't 'standard' - I've asked for it not to be washed or prepared in any way what so ever. The white sheeting will be removed prior to pick up as will the interior protection but that's it.

The dealer (on request) kindly supplied some photos to me yesterday just after it was unloaded from the transporter...yes, I am THAT sad (I'm sure there are many more like me...lurking (or not) on this forum ;) :)

'Seeing' the car like this made my day...I haven't see it in the metal yet, that's Friday

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Ahh good point, I must qualify this, sorry I've been mostly posting in to the order tracker thread...

The PDI on my car isn't 'standard' - I've asked for it not to be washed or prepared in any way what so ever. The white sheeting will be removed prior to pick up as will the interior protection but that's it.

The dealer (on request) kindly supplied some photos to me yesterday just after it was unloaded from the transporter...yes, I am THAT sad (I'm sure there are many more like me...lurking (or not) on this forum ;) :)

'Seeing' the car like this made my day...I haven't see it in the metal yet, that's Friday

I see your point on protecting the paintwork but the interior..... Why paranoid with that??? Audi PDI chaps ain't neanderthals mate but your drivers seat will still be creased as it's been ***** on by a few Germans before leaving the factory

Reactions: Audi Bairn, azibux1, Mark_86 and 3 others
I see your point on protecting the paintwork but the interior..... Why paranoid with that??? Audi PDI chaps ain't neanderthals mate but your drivers seat will still be creased as it's been ***** on by a few Germans before leaving the factory
I'm not sure I understand, may be I wasn't clear...all the protection (exterior and interior) will be removed by Audi as is standard PDI practice...they just aren't washing it or removing any residues etc.

The car as shown is just off the transporter and was kindly photographed by the chap I'm dealing to satisfy my nerdiness only. However, it has occurred to me to ask for those seat covers, may come in handy, depands how durable they are :)

Neanderthals they're not - I complete agree. In fact they've been very accommodating.

Does this count?

I'm not convinced it would win any awards in the Extreme Parking category either...although to their credit, the dealer has massive parking spaces for their cars unsurprisingly (helps its a brand new site and showroom I suppose).

Looking forward to getting a similar photo soon..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this count?

Curious what that all the writing means on the plastic

Was just thinking the other day....about when l get my new car....a lot of peeps say to dealers DONT.....do this or that.....its getting pro-detailed....leave as it is....so you drive off with the car still with paint protection/transportation film on.....WHY.....?Just to make the detailers job that more easier.....when they are charging you say £800....Why not see your hard earn money in the collection bay all nice n shiney....then let the detailer earn his hyped up price....

Reactions: Djs3saloon, Rob2k68, JDHOWELLS and 1 other person
Never..... Lol but there's a point where OCD becomes freaky lol

I've been afflicted for years - may not be 'OCD' but I've been described as having 'particular ways' :expressionless: - by my wife, so must be true!

Curious what that all the writing means on the plastic

You and me both. Looking at the other photos I have, the red appears to be someones name. OEN doesn't appear to relate to anything on the documents in the window and I'd have a wild guess on GB being destination location. Who knows, all entirely speculative :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
I've been afflicted for years - may not be 'OCD' but I've been described as having 'particular ways' :expressionless: - by my wife, so must be true!

You and me both. Looking at the other photos I have, the red appears to be someones name. OEN doesn't appear to relate to anything on the documents in the window and I'd have a wild guess on GB being destination location. Who knows, all entirely speculative :)

Snazzy comeback....lol Enjoy your collection day mate....its a special day

Reactions: Rob2k68 and craigwhelan
Anyone know a thread on coding? S3 FL need the headlights changing to amber day running and alarm chirp

Anyone know a thread on coding? S3 FL need the headlights changing to amber day running and alarm chirp

@Aoon_M may know. He helped someone out recently but I think it was PFL RS3

Reactions: Rob2k68
Yes Daniel Khan, and it looks awesome...

Reactions: azibux1
Was just thinking the other day....about when l get my new car....a lot of peeps say to dealers DONT.....do this or that.....its getting pro-detailed....leave as it is....so you drive off with the car still with paint protection/transportation film on.....WHY.....?Just to make the detailers job that more easier.....when they are charging you say £800....Why not see your hard earn money in the collection bay all nice n shiney....then let the detailer earn his hyped up price....

I could not agree more. This where the dealer shows his true stripes are they just money grabbers or do do they have an interest in you as a customer, possible repeat customer and recommendations to friends.
I have dealt with the same dealership for over 15 years. They are dealers for Audi, Jaguar, VW and Land Rover. This dealership has prepped every car I have bought to my satisfaction and believe me I am a fussy SOB. Their service departments have offered professional customer service and no quibble responses to any concerns that I have had.
That is what a good dealership is and it is only as good as the owner's mandates for customer service and the personnel he hires to perform those ideals.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
I've never had any reason to complain about the way my dealer has prepped any of the 3 Audis I've bought from them. By the time I bought my current car I was pretty clued up about detailing and I debated whether I should ask them to do nothing or just let them do what they normally do. In the end I didn't say anything so it underwent their normal process. I couldn't detect any swirls on handover but it's floret so they would be harder to see anyway. You can't see any detail, but below is a pic of the car in the showroom on handover day. It was the 1st September and they had something like 24 cars to be picked up throughout the day. That must have been some money's worth!

Attachments

• IMG_0981.JPG
    IMG_0981.JPG
    821.4 KB · Views: 216
Reactions: jjc86