Post pics of your B6 A4/S4

Fresh pics of my avant, looking to downsize the wheels soon possibly

View attachment 55850

View attachment 55849

Now with its new wheels, ended up bigger rather than downsizing

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429555532217327

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429555541750209

Reactions: Greeny233, krs187uk, barkclark and 1 other person
Wow loving the sun set pics, car looks mint!

Almost looks brown(that is the fashion now!)

11180224 448144768684594 1231001642 n

Reactions: Welshquattro, ruffrida and Greeny233
Not posted for ages here's mine

Reactions: ruffrida, barkclark and Greeny233
Might as well drop a pic of mine here as well. It's seen better days (it had a black roof liner and the S-Line front bumper before, and the rear of course needs redoing as well).. All in good time.

It's still low and it's still got the proper brakes for a B6 though! Seen here on its winter tires (225/40/18, 18x8 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's).

0057.jpg

0027.jpg

In better days with a temporary 18" set:
a4_130629_04b.jpg

Anyway. Car's got the Q7/Cayenne 6-pots up front with the 350mm discs, Eibach ProStreet S coilovers, S4 bi-xenon headlights with custom lens/projector units, and a full turbo-back 3" stainless steel exhaust (2.5 V6 TDI). Sounds mean and loud; not running any mufflers or resonators, not even a cat.

Reactions: DrStrange and barkclark
Looks awesome dude, same colour as mine!! Love the lights.

Might as well drop a pic of mine here as well. It's seen better days (it had a black roof liner and the S-Line front bumper before, and the rear of course needs redoing as well).. All in good time.

It's still low and it's still got the proper brakes for a B6 though! Seen here on its winter tires (225/40/18, 18x8 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's).

0057.jpg

0027.jpg

a4_130629_04b.jpg

Anyway. Car's got the Q7/Cayenne 6-pots up front with the 350mm discs, Eibach ProStreet S coilovers, S4 bi-xenon headlights with custom lens/projector units, and a full turbo-back 3" stainless steel exhaust (2.5 V6 TDI). Sounds mean and loud; not running any mufflers or resonators, not even a cat.

Reactions: bastet
How did you find fitting the brakes looking into this for mine what disks did you use as found out that ml55 disks fit well and how did you bolt the caliper up ?

0057.jpg

0027.jpg

a4_130629_04b.jpg

How did you find fitting the brakes looking into this for mine what disks did you use as found out that ml55 disks fit well and how did you bolt the caliper up ?

Chris, they're Merc discs indeed. Need to redrill the lug nut holes from 12 to 14 mm, and increase the center bore (66 to 67mm if I'm not mistaking). Think any G/M will do, as long as they're 350x32.

The calipers bolt straight up, you only need 'mounting hardware'. That is, a grade 12.8 bolt M14 x 1.5 thread, roughly 55-60mm long. You can shorten them as desired, but you can't make them longer if they're too short ;). Get 2mm shim rings and self-locking nuts. The holes in the calipers are 16mm in diameter, so you'll need stainless rings to fill it: 16mm outer diameter and 1mm wall thickness. PM me your address and I'll send you four rings for free, I bought a full meter of the stuff and it's expensive enough as it is, and considering you only need like 6cm of the stuff... it's practically laying waste in the shed now.

Get Goodridge braided lines too, get the RS4 B5 version with Brembo brakes; those'll bolt straight up to the B6 A4 and the calipers.

When using the 350mm's, you may need to grind a bit of your upright, just under the knuckle. Just one or two mm should do the clearance trick.

When mounting the calipers: the dics won't sit exactly dead center, so some guys chose to grind off the metal prongs inside the caliper. The proper way to do it is to place the 2mm washers (shim rings) between the knuckle and the caliper, thus putting the caliper 2mm more outwards. This centers the disc perfectly.

My nuts were a tad too thick (touching the disc) so had to grind them off a bit.
remmen_005.JPG

Grinding the lower part of the upright:
remmen_007.JPG

Stuff looks batsh*t crazy good (19 inch summers, gosh I miss the S-Line front...) :
bastet_front.jpg

Reactions: SmoothAssault, Greeny233 and barkclark
What offset are the team dynamics? Are you running spacers?

They're A3 versions, I think ET52. Running 25mm spacers on each wheel (50 per axle). Fits really, really snugly. No rubbing under normal conditions, a little bit in the rear when having 3 or 4 passengers.

Acquired the Brilliant Red Votex 3.0 V6 Quattro Sport at the weekend, so now I have a B6 fleet :D

Will be swapping the hot bits off the 1.8T to the red one, selling whatever's left and sending the 1.8T off the the scrappy.

B5 RS4 front brake setup on the 1.8T will be sold off too, the V6 will be getting Porsche fronts and S4 rears.

Reactions: Ro55 and ruffrida
whats wrong with the 1.8t? Does it have the sline front? If so, how much for it? Color is Avus?

whats wrong with the 1.8t? Does it have the sline front? If so, how much for it? Color is Avus?

The 1.8T is due a new clutch and flywheel, it's on 114k and could do with the timing belts and water pump doing again too. For what all that would have cost I was able to buy the V6, and that's only got 70k on it, clutch and flywheel was done in December, has brand new brakes and loaded with more toys.

1.8T is Akoya silver and has the complete s-line kit, although I replaced s-line blades with S4 ones and they'll be going on the V6. Not sure what I'd want for the s-line lower, whatever the going rate is? Front end was repainted last summer so looking lovely and grills all intact.

I need Avus, so Akoya would need a respray for me.. add the shipping, and it's probably best to just buy a new one from Germany or something.. sadly

Spent two days getting my old Eastbourne salted suspension off, fitted new coilovers and wheels. To say I'm pleased is an understatement!!

IMAG0856_zpsktvbnguy.jpg

Course, it wasn't until I got it all set up that I found I couldn't get it off the drive :( needs to be a touch higher.

Reactions: Ro55
^^^^ Did that on my track astra GTE but didnt find out until race day lol.nothing a jack and scaffold boards sorted though.
I was thinking of those wheels myself really suit it!!!

Haha, not sure I could deal with having to use scaff boards for the rest of my time at this house. The wheels do go well. They're reps though, could never justify affording proper bbs wheels so the offset is only 35. A set of spacers will sort that out in no time!

You could buy a another car for the price of genuine BBS.Im holding out for some S4 wheels. ive been looking at the reps though.fairly priced too.just worried where i live being copies there strength on the potholes ect.
Let us know how you get on with them.how did they balance up?

There's less weights in my gym to be honest but you can't see them so not really bothered. I expected them to weigh half a ton each but they're surprisingly light which is great. Have redone the ride height now so off out for a blast!

Reactions: ruffrida and Ro55
Some nice looking avants on here, makes me want to spend money on mine now!...
I was thinking of getting the standard 5 spokes refurbed.. but after seeing how some other wheels look, I'm more inclined to buy some different alloys.

Reactions: Lee liptrott
I only got mine as it was an avant... They are the best looking! Plus you can do this in the boot!

Spent two days getting my old Eastbourne salted suspension off, fitted new coilovers and wheels. To say I'm pleased is an understatement!!

IMAG0856_zpsktvbnguy.jpg

Course, it wasn't until I got it all set up that I found I couldn't get it off the drive :( needs to be a touch higher.

IMAG0856_zpsktvbnguy.jpg

What splitter is on the front of your car?

Looks like a Cupra R lip on the stock S-Line front. Get it from your local Seat dealer, should cost anything around 40 quid.

Umm... not quite. Yours is an aftermarket bumper right? Mines the standard bumper you get on the avant sport with the cupra splitter added. Main difference I can see is mine has a slightly more pronounced lip at the bottom of the bumper.

Just done a little bit of digging. The S.Line/Sport and GMBH bumpers are the same thing which is what I've got. The Votex is a different kit. So no, ours aren't the same.

It's a votex bumper isn't it?

No, as Nostromo said, it's the OE Sport (UK?) / Ultrasport (USA) / S-Line (NL / Germany) lip by quattro GMBH. Put a Votex next to it, and you'll see that they're miles apart in terms of looks and styling.

In my personal opinion I prefer the OE version over the Votex option by a huuuuuge margin...

why did audi decide on 3 different kits?

They didn't - it's just a name scheme. The official name is S-Line, considering there's S-Line badges all around the car (interior:door sills, exterior: both rear doors on the side strip and on the grille). I can't say why UK and USA have different names - probably for marketing reasons. Ultrasport sounds better, I guess.. same as the Audi 80 being a 4000 and the 90 being a 5000 in USA.

The kits are the same though, it's just the name.. Votex is a third party that could be ordered through the dealer at that time (just like ABT was).