Post Pics Of Your A3/S3 8v In Here

Yer car needs a good detail ya lazy Barsteward.....lol
QbadP.png

I was going to get that Opticoat Plus detail, but they were quoting me $1,100 .

It's too rich for my blood.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Without a doubt better protection mate, tbh I really dont have an issue with the Conti's, certainly wouldn't crucify them like some on here but I'm not saying they're the best tyres in the world either!!

As a tyre the function very well the Pirrelli
QbadP.png

I was going to get that Opticoat Plus detail, but they were quoting me $1,100 .

It's too rich for my blood.

Easily spent about £800 on detailing products in the last year...exchange rate...US $1200 DOLLARS...so yeah, i agree with you for once gg... rather a expensive quote ye got there mate

Reactions: Rob2k68
does it look like it's getting remapped...... Or does it look like its on a set of rollers? Derrrrrrrr
Looks like a bit of both to me James...lol
Nice pic of the car there mate..:friends:
What power are you getting after the tune?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Vegas yellow s3 3dr  2
Couple of nice S3's for sale at moment already to get a remap...lol belated apology.for the remap comment mate...l am just grumpy git at times...
So here is 2 cracking S3's/ex demos for sale both in Exclusive colour's
VEGAS YELLOW s3 3dr
Vegas yellow s3 3dr 3
Nice Merlin Purple S3
NICE MARLIN PURPLE 2
NICE MERLIN PURPLE 3

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Fiddie, Simon L and 2 others
Gotta go with what you like you mate that's all that counts........others opinions are just that!!

Off the point now, saw a brand new Type R in Tesco this morning (some poxy promotional bull)..............oh dear, it really is awful. I don't know how to decribe the exterior but it just looks kinda plasticky!! Like a giant airfix model. I've no doubt it's got plenty going for it but the quality of the exterior is just horrendous!!

I have to agree, it looks like something from the 90s. I don't care if its faster like the m135i, if it looks hideous I'm not interested. Plus its not a nice comfortable daily driver

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
Saw a brand new yin last week looked OK but it's a late 20's something car mate,they don't look upon car's like us guys with more mature/wiser taste in car's

The one in Reading was being driven a guy that look in his late 30s, early 40s and his fat missus in the passenger seat didn't look happy

Reactions: pburv
Here are a couple of pics of my new car - Collected Saturday.
Front
Side

Just a couple until I get chance to give another clean - filthy already!

Options wise - ILP, comfort package, front and rear sensors, adaptive cruise, reversing camera, B&O sound, advanced key, privacy glass, roof rails, folding heated auto dimming mirrors, pano roof, electric lumbar and leather seats (were ordered as alcantara).

Only 60 miles in - but loving it so far!

Reactions: Dazzeroo, AndyB-S3, Simon L and 8 others
Hey guys,

as promised, here is a picture of mine. An a3 sportback quattro TDI 2.0L 150 SLine, collected yesterday in Germany.
I will probably post some nicer photos when I have a chance to travel a bit with it and have a nice view from the mountain.

2M0B1755 by me, on Flickr

Reactions: daytonamart, pburv, daydotz and 8 others
Hey guys,

as promised, here is a picture of mine. An a3 sportback quattro TDI 2.0L 150 SLine, collected yesterday in Germany.
I will probably post some nicer photos when I have a chance to travel a bit with it and have a nice view from the mountain.

Very nice indeed !! That's a seriously well equipped car you've got there 19s, LED headlamps, pano roof, lane departure ..... looks fab. Black mirror caps really suit it too.

Hey guys,

Now that is a beautiful looking car! I think I will have to go down this route for my next :)

S31

Found another pic of mine on DetailingWorld :)

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Fiddie, Simon L and 3 others
Fine Sportback this, Naff photos...but in my opinion Venetian Purple is far more attractive than Merlin Broon...lol
Give me this car and add a gtechniq Quarts coating plus EX02....Then it would look Shag tastic...lol.
Venetian Purple S3 FAR BETTER THAN MERLIN
Venetian Purple S3 FAR BETTER THAN MERLIN 2

Reactions: Dazzeroo, Fiddie, Brasso and 2 others
@jassyo06 I have a question for you - seeing as you appear to be the king of clean on the 8v section!
Had the car detailed Saturday as you've seen above, but now its covered in all sorts of grime after 5 days of use. Doesn't help working on an industrial estate either.

How do I keep on top of the paintwork? I have no problem cleaning it once a week, but I do not have a jet wash or the ability to plug one in anywhere where I live. Would you recommend going to the local clean park and using their jet wash just to get the most off of it, then bring it home and use a good old fashioned bucket method? Also, do I need to top up the wax every time, or just once in a blue moon.

Sorry for the questions - google didn't return too much info

@jassyo06 I have a question for you - seeing as you appear to be the king of clean on the 8v section!
Had the car detailed Saturday as you've seen above, but now its covered in all sorts of grime after 5 days of use. Doesn't help working on an industrial estate either.

How do I keep on top of the paintwork? I have no problem cleaning it once a week, but I do not have a jet wash or the ability to plug one in anywhere where I live. Would you recommend going to the local clean park and using their jet wash just to get the most off of it, then bring it home and use a good old fashioned bucket method? Also, do I need to top up the wax every time, or just once in a blue moon.

Sorry for the questions - google didn't return too much info
Go to your local clean Park and jet wash it only and come back and as you say, wash it,l don't know what's been applied to your car,but for now till the weather improves, l would just use a quick detailer to keep it looking awesome, try Gyeon Cure Q2m it's awesome stuff goes on top off any product,best l have used it's available from a few places, but you having a black car l suggest you open an account with Ultimatefinish.Co.uk or something along them lines

Reactions: Simon L
Hey guys,

That will be the German/European S-Line Plus edition with 19"s privacy glass BSP and black door mirror caps as standard.... Very nice

Reactions: slicko4211, pburv and Rob2k68
First wash in 3 weeks and in the rain aswell
DSC 0258

Reactions: Dazzeroo, Eliot Ness, Snake Pliskin and 4 others
Testing out the new phone camera

also saw a twin but in black

I think some more testing/exploring the camera settings is required Matt...lol....16:9 photos would be a start...lol
yeh...the 4:3 setting is 12megapixels and the 16:9 is 8....just left it on 4:3 and never thought to at least get one pic with 16:9

*this is when i realise there is no difference in quality*
Kendal multistory 6

Last edited:
yeh...the 4:3 setting is 12megapixels and the 16:9 is 8....just left it on 4:3 and never thought to at least get one pic with 16:9

*this is when i realise there is no difference in quality*
what phone hav ye got? my Sony has several pixel settings for each aspect ratio..??

what phone hav ye got? my Sony has several pixel settings for each aspect ratio..??
Nexus 6p, those are the max settings for each aspect ratio, I've realised there is no difference in quality between the two.....:hopelessness:

DSC 0018

1600 Miles and still brings a smile to my face when I walk up to it.....:yes:

Reactions: crunchie, wezzels, Phil-1 and 7 others