1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post engine rebuild

Beeblebrox Dec 20, 2013

1. Beeblebrox

Beeblebrox Member

Hi guys I have picked my car post engine rebuild and now it running rough and sounds like a tank the guys at the garage think it's the egr valve they cleaned it and reconnected but they seem to think that my remap is affecting it it sounds like a rubbing sound when I put my foot down and the engine seems to gallop when stationary any ideas cheers.

2. lynallbel

lynallbel Active Member

Well if it didnt do it before and it does it after they worked on it take it back.
    Maybe put it back to standard map to see if they are right, but somehow i doubt it.

3. Beeblebrox

Beeblebrox Member

Taking it to the guy who remapped it today then after that back to them as it I think its a mechanical issue as it was running fine for 60 miles then started to make this noise on my way home from work and only seems to be getting worse

4. lynallbel

lynallbel Active Member

Any news?
    In garages defence i assumed the noise was there when you collected the car and my first thought was, surely they road tested the bloody thing?
    Still pretty inconvenient timing with christmas etc!

5. Beeblebrox

Beeblebrox Member

No the noise wasn't there when I picked it up it developed after 60 miles. they did road test the car but only a 10 mile run they have agreed that it is the engine at fault and will look at on Monday as it is nothing to do with the remap as the car was fine before the engine blew only developed this noise from the work they did as they rebuilt the engine from the ground up new crank shaft valves re honed the pistons and a new turbo so something gone a miss.

6. Beeblebrox

Beeblebrox Member

So it turns out they company who worked on my engine did not adjust the timing correctly they have replaced the timing belt again with new tensioners and runs like a champ frustrated that they got it wrong but well it was covers by their warranty so no charge just inconvenience.

7. Ant600

Ant600 Member

That's great news I've just been through it with my car mate such a headache

8. Av4nt

Av4nt Well-Known Member Team V10 Team Sprint Audi S6 quattro s tronic saloon

so it should be covered by their warranty! fools! Nice one :)

9. lynallbel

lynallbel Active Member

So nothing important then, just the timing set up wrong!
    Remember never to go there again.