possibly dirt in tank, won't start, help needed please

Diesel Quattro

Reaction score
help needed please guys. diesel light came on but wasn't that low. put €50 in, started fine, then within 2miles, battery light came on and it stopped. wants to turn, but struggling. think possibly dirt from tank. tried it a few times. have left it overnight, any advice before i re start it i.e change fuel filter or anything i should do?

help would be more thank appreciated

Aaron

Silly question, but did you put petrol in by mistake? Thats what it sounds like.
Highly unlicky to have been sediment as the tank wasnt fully empty and it would take a lot of sediment to cause problems imo.

Battery light came on? is the battery good?

As George said check to see if it's the battery. I don't think you'd get dirt in the system, the filter should take it out of the fuel.

There are cases of the intank lift pump going which can cause similar symptoms. Try and take one of the hoses off the diesel filter in the engine bay and turn the key, be careful because if it's working OK it will squirt out those hose quite far.

Does the glow plug light come on as it should when you put the key to the first turn? If not then it may be relay 109 - this can cause the car to cut out too.