4. millsy75 - DEPOSIT PAID
5. Dan Sheeran (email) - DEPOSIT PAID
6. Superkarl
7. crispynz1 NZ postage - DEPOSIT PAID
8. tj 0785
9. Stevie e - DEPOSIT PAID
10. IanPG oz postage - DEPOSIT PAID

headlights are here

Got 11 sets, 1 set for making the brackets up then il be doing some 'development' with that set to see how far an 8L headlight can go.

Reactions: Deleted member 114318, crispynz1, Tj 0785 and 2 others
:-D

Great pic!!!

Can't wait to see the results after you've worked your magic Trups.

Reactions: t8ups
A set of internals will be heading out the door to the USA tomo for the bracket to be done, they should have the part by July, he works fast and does the mock up, cad and then off to the lazer cutters once happy so I plan to have 10 sets of brackets by no later than the 20th July.

When I split the lights tomo I will get 2 clear pictures of them separated so you can decide if/what you want painting.

Trups

Reactions: crispynz1, Tj 0785 and Sandra
look forward to the progress pics! :D

just been reading previous bi-xenon installs and there's the issue of having to aim them manually before sealing up? is this going to be taken care of already or is that only because of install design/flaw?

Reactions: sheeran and crispynz1
look forward to the progress pics! :D

just been reading previous bi-xenon installs and there's the issue of having to aim them manually before sealing up? is this going to be taken care of already or is that only because of install design/flaw?

Il go into this in some detail for you in a few days but it will be minimum fuss when you get them as I will set them up, all you need to do is add your self level motors from your existing headlights as these don't come with any.

1. Erikn89nl LHD - EU postage
2. shaunevo6 - DEPOSIT PAID
3. s3 cyp - DEPOSIT PAID
6. Superkarl
8. tj 0785
11. k7aus - DEPOSIT PAID

Reactions: Sandra
Il go into this in some detail for you in a few days but it will be minimum fuss when you get them as I will set them up, all you need to do is add your self level motors from your existing headlights as these don't come with any.

Thanks trups :)

Also in email conversation , looks a good way out of the broken main beam adjuster problem .. G,

Reactions: sheeran

If our existing self level motors are knackered can you buy these new on there own ?

Also sent you pm

Reactions: Roadtrain
1. Erikn89nl LHD - EU postage
2. shaunevo6 - DEPOSIT PAID
3. s3 cyp - DEPOSIT PAID
6. Superkarl
8. tj 0785 - DEPOSIT PAID
11. k7aus - DEPOSIT PAID

Sorry for lack of updates, I have not managed to split a set yet but this is happening Monday as I have cancelled all jobs I was going to do Monday to focus on the pictures so you have a good few weeks to make your minds up on paint etc.

I'm also sending a C5 rs6 light to the USA as similar bracket / group buy will happen after this is complete as that's another timeless car that needs some headlight love lol.

Reactions: Alex C, stevie e, IPG and 1 other person
Just one more for the magic ten!!

Erik has been in contact for my bank details. As he is in the Netherlands I don't think it's as straight forward, and il send super Carl a msg. I am also in talks with G who is also considering it which will make 12. So you have safely say they will become £399 base.

If I get 15 as it goes on I may be able to reduce slightly further but at max with the discount as the projectors and brackets are at the highest discount I can get from suppliers buying 10+.

Trups

Reactions: IPG, shaunevo6, crispynz1 and 3 others
Hi All.

This is how the lights will look if no modding is needed, from the outside they will look like normal facelift headlights.

Trim 1 - Most Visible part of the headlights.

Trim 2 - This sits along the bottom further in.

Trim 3 - The rear reflectors.

So, full paint for the Lot, that's a full DE chrome will be £50 per set (even the high beam reflector painted)

Just trim 1 per set - £15
just Trim 2 per set - £20
Trim 3 only in full black - £25 (all grey and chrome gone)

If you want to leave the chrome we will need to discuss pricing as its going to take some time to mask that off and paint around it if you want to remove the grey. it wont matter if you remove chrome high beam as in the day there will be enough reflection for flash to pass then at night time you will let the Bi xenon do the work.

These split trims are been packed and sent to the usa for the bracket work.

Reactions: crispynz1
so using my amazing photoshop skills..... lol

A = the full DE chrome?
Screen Shot 2016 06 28 at 005459

B =
If you want to leave the chrome we will need to discuss pricing as its going to take some time to mask that off and paint around it
?
Screen Shot 2016 06 28 at 004739

Reactions: Tj 0785 and t8ups
Thanks Ian.

The Full Dechrome il even extend to having the chrome inside the indicator reflector dyed so its stilla reflector chrome, just more darker.

Full Black out does look Mean :D, we could do the rear MATT Black and the front sections GLOSS so there is a contrast.

A lot of modern cars with the fancy lights are coming in black so a good way to make the front end look newer.

Trups

Hi Trups, I would also prefer my lights left standard.

I'm not sure about any bulb options?

Thanks.

Hi.

That's fine, all is optional and it's all down to what you prefer.

Bulb info il get up soon, still have a good few weeks to decide.

Trups

Reactions: millsy75
i'm torn...

LOL

everyone's done the black trim 1, 2, 3 surround, but i can't find any pictures of a full de-chrome.

i like the sound of having the inside reflector being dyed so it still functions as a reflective surface.

what about the indicator reflector? kind of looks weird with with that having black everything and then white splodge on the side :/
is it possible that the indicator reflector get dyed too?

Il ask, I'm sure I can have the lens dyed and leave the chrome inside so it's fully reflective.

I'm a fan of the all black ATM, I'm doing my lights on my car ATM (not a 8l) but there is chrome everywhere and it's all going, can't stand it lol.

Il ask, I'm sure I can have the lens dyed and leave the chrome inside so it's fully reflective.

I'm a fan of the all black ATM, I'm doing my lights on my car ATM (not a 8l) but there is chrome everywhere and it's all going, can't stand it lol.

before and after shots to get an idea of what it looks like please?

Dependent upon pictures, I'm thinking trim 1 & 2 in black (prefer gloss black, but would be happy with matt) with the rest as they are, bit of chrome grey and black. Just so they look darker than normal.
I drive country lanes a fair bit with work so having full reflective high beam as well as bi-xenons is ideal for me

i was thinking for the black to go LZ9W black = S3 pearl black

just putting it out there :)

Dependent upon pictures, I'm thinking trim 1 & 2 in black (prefer gloss black, but would be happy with matt) with the rest as they are, bit of chrome grey and black. Just so they look darker than normal.
I drive country lanes a fair bit with work so having full reflective high beam as well as bi-xenons is ideal for me

Trim 1 and 2 will be £35.

gloss or Matt can be done as its the Laquare that does that, both can be done too.

So you don't want any light from the main beam units then?

<tuffty/>

I was asking to see if that would be what is covered on spraying if you were to go with the £50 option. I'm assuming that is what it'd kind of look like and if so I would still like a light in there and for it to be functional so that tinted reflective surface would be good (obviously not as good as if it were left as is)

When you say main beam = high beam??? Or main beam means the normal headlight?

main/high beam... same thing...

Tinted surface would reduce the reflective effect...

Personal choice at the end of the day and no idea what the Police would say about it seeing as headlight tints/flyeyes tend to be frowned upon (in the uk at least) anyway... these are all seen as reducing light output to a level where its potentially dangerous for the driver of the vehicle and other road users... doesn't stop people doing it of course...

From what I understand it could fail a UK MOT if there is 50% or less light output and/or the reflector is obstructed... typically this is from the reflective material degrading and/or the headlight 'glass' yellowing to a degree it it obstructs light.

Not sure I would want to compromise safety for the sake of 'style' myself but whatever floats yer boat I guess

<tuffty/>

Reactions: t8ups
having the reflector Dyed you would loose light output but would still be enough for your flash to pass function, then at night its the Bi xenon you will be relying on most,

lets get this clear, the high beam from the projector will block out any light from the halogen high beam, you wont even notice its there as you will focus more on how good the high beam from the projector is.

but then having the reflective surface sprayed the same colour as the trims 1 & 2 would be even less light reflection, correct?
Trim 1 and 2 are exactly just internal 'Trims'. Serve no purposes to the reflection of the main beam.

The reflector bowl that the H7 bulb sits into reflects the light output

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Reactions: t8ups and IPG