Possible worn clutch? A4 1.8T 1996 - strange .

• Thread starter imported_bpascua
  • Start date
I

imported_bpascua

Hello All...

I have a wierd problem with the clutch on my A4. The car has done 81k 96' and the clutch doesnt seem to disengage correctly all the time. For example, my clutch bite point is near the top of the pedal movement, this is where the clutch bites 85% of the time. But sometimes as I release the clutch it bites almost right at the bottom of the pedal movement - it seems to engage and the car start moving slowly making a smooth release impossible (if I am stationary - the only time I notice it) then I relase the pedal completely and the bite relaeases as normal. This problem becomes terrible in heavy traffic as the bit does this every other press......do I have a worn clutch or is this a hydraulic issue or something like that?

any ideas?

Thanks

Brian

sounds to me like its a worn clutch i had similar symptoms with mine and ended up having to replace it. My grabbing point was very high, but I know what you mean how sometimes its not definate and it will grab low. Is it the origional clutch? if so 81k is not bad. I only got 62k out of mine. I dont think its a hydrolic issue because then you would be having problems with fluid. Might want to check it though. If you def need a new clutch I would look into buying a kit yourself rather than audi. There are some really nice aftermarket upgrades out there that will beat the price on an oem replacement.