1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible S3 purchase

Jazzle Jul 16, 2012

1. Jazzle

Jazzle New Member

Anything in particular to look out for on the s3's when buying? I'm nnormally a mk4 ggolf man but fancy something different. I'm fairly switched on with mechanical things and the 1.8t engines. But didn't know if anything needs a bit more looking over

2. Jpd89

Jpd89 Member

3. Tooks

Tooks Active Member

Try to get it scanned with VCDS after a drive, or during if possible, as it will uncover a multitude of things.

For instance, whether the cambelt is fitted properly, whether the MAF is goosed, whether it's remapped, whether any crash shutdown messages are stored (assuming they weren't cleared, I found a couple like this when looking meaning airbags had deployed), coolant sensors, and numerous other bits.

If you havent got VCDS, and you're serious about an S3 purchase and have a laptop you can utilise, I'd even say it is worth buying beforehand! A suitable quality cable and the software licence can be had for the same price as a couple of tanks of fuel.

4. Jazzle

Jazzle New Member

I will have the use of VCDS so that was on my list when viewing cars