Possible problem with Going-Fast aluminium mirrors

gtiglasgow

Reaction score
Ok guys, possible problem with the S4 style matt finish wing mirrors from Going-Fast.de. I actually bought a set of these mirrors a few months ago and was really pleased with them. However, when I was washing the car today I noticed that the finish had dulled quite a bit (seems to have lost much of the aluminium look) and there were lots of little raised blisters/pimples. I have sent an email to Going-Fast to report the problem. I will let you know how I get on. Thought I ought to post this up as I know a few of you guys have recently taken delivery of these mirrors from Going-Fast. Anyone else had a similar problem?

Scott

I bought 14 sets around a month back and 1 set over a year back...to date ive had no problems with any. but im sure they will help they are good guys, speak to roman@goingfast.de

ive had mine about 4mths and they still look new, although i have been worried about road salt and grime spoiling them. I just clean them every couple of days. i reckon yours are just a faulty set and hopefully they'l just change them.

yea, i gave mine a good coat of wax to stop anything getting to them

wot u use to clean them with? might be the cleaning product!

u should get in touch with david at car wash n wax he has some good stuff to bring them up!

Good luck with that. In my experience their customer service is terrible. They will probably give you their tired standard answer of "We sell hundreds of these yearly and we have had little complaints or none at all". That's the answer I got when I told them their tail lamps did not fit properly and they would not light up. It was truely a defective product but they wouldn't do anything about it.

I'll NEVER buy anything from them again. You'd be wise to do the same.

the mirrors are a good fit and easy to do, i also had a set of A4 angle eyes which where also a great fit.

it might be the scottish air........

.....although the liverpool air makes them completely disappear sometimes!!haha!

hahaha, you mean chavs make them disappear!

Can you get these for the S3 from going-fast? Whats there website?

Shiny plastic.

I bought some OE S4 covers for my car when it was new and even they are plated plastic (very high quality mind).

It's only the B5 S4's, S3's and the factory B6 S4's that have real alloy mirrors.

Even the B7 S and RS4 have plastic covers now.

BUB

Little update for you guys - good news!! Roman at Goingfast asked me to send him some pictures of the damaged mirrors. Upon receipt, he sent the pictures to the manufacturer. They were not aware of any such problem (sold 100s and no complaints to date), however, they have agreed to send me a replacement set of mirrors from a new production line. With any luck these should arrive shortly. To be honest, now that I have refitted the standard mirrors, I can't really be bothered fitting the replacement mirrors. As such, I will be putting these up for sale as soon as I receive them. Goingfast charge £100 + £10 P&P for these mirrors. I will let them go for £80. Drop me a PM if interested.

Cheers

Scott