1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible new problem on the way...?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by wilko, Mar 23, 2006.

1. wilko

wilko Top Gear

After booking my car in for its 1st service last week for next Wednesday. They asked if if there was anything else that I wanted um to look at whilst the car was in, I only reported the known suspension problem. But now I seem to have a noise which is getting louder from the front end when I driving at about 50 or more. Which sounds like it's a tyre noise or a blowing exhaust, but I had the tyres replaced yesterday and when a rev the engine it's fine! Has anyone else noticed anything like this? I don't know if I should be worrierd and take it in early or just leave it til next week.
  2. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

They have tightened the wheels up properly haven't they?
  3. wilko

wilko Top Gear

It was doing it before they changed the tyres as well cos that's what I thought.
  4. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

Oh ok, if I had the read the first post properly I would have realised... It's not a wheel bearing on its way out is it?

J.
  5. wilko

wilko Top Gear

That's also what I thought but I've only done 14.5k from new. Is this something that could be going already? I'll get um to check it when it's in im not planning on doing much driving this weekend anyway.

Should I worry about it? Would I be wise to get it seen to sooner rather than waiting til Wednesday? I'll probably do anyother 150 miles at the most between now and then.
  6. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

It's not common but not unheard off. Best to get it done sooner rather than later. If your at work call out audi assist to have al ook at it. In my experience the Techs are better than the ones working in the dealers. If you explain theres a rumbling from the front wheel and your worried to drive it they'll send someone out to you.

J.
  7. wilko

wilko Top Gear

Oh right is that something they can fix then at the side of the road? I'll try it and see what they say.
  8. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

Not fix but they can confirm if a wheel bearings gone. At least it'll give you peace of mind.

J.
  9. wilko

wilko Top Gear

They are sending someone out to have a look. They think it might be some muck stuck between the brake disk and pad or something. They rekon it'll either be the RAC or an Audi Assist engineer - depending who's in the area.
  10. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

Fingers corssed it's an auid chap....
  11. wilko

wilko Top Gear

Wayhey! Audi Roadside turned up! He didn't fix it but thinks it's either the Diff or a wheel bearing. And he's spoken to the dealer who are going to investigate on Wednesday when I have it serviced.

He's even given me his mobile number to call him if it gets worse or need any assistance getting the dealer to pin point the problem.

And said that if the dealer can't find it then Audi UK would own the problem until it's fixed and provide me with transport for the duration. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE... I'm seriously impressed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
  12. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

Excellent Audi assist are the way forward /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  13. cdb2

cdb2 Member

Nice one, so are Audi Assist guys employed by Audi UK or dealers?

They sound great, pity dealers aren't always as helpful and ameanable.
  14. bacardi

bacardi Active Member

the NSF wheel bearing went on mine after 6k miles, no problems with it since then tho