1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible Multitronic problem?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by rickyh88, May 17, 2013.

1. rickyh88

rickyh88 New Member

Hello, I have a 2007 Audi A4 S-Line 7-speed multitronic with 40k on the clock.

I purchased it yesterday but when driving home the following problem occured....

I was driving around 70mph in 'S' mode, slowed for a bend and when attempting to speed up to 70 again it kind of did nothing... It was in 4th and would not go past 3000 revs, I shifted into manual mode and still it would not go past 3000revs and for every upshift i lost 500 revs. When I would put my foot down I would get a whoosh of air (presumably the turbo? I have no mechanical knowledge) but I would not get the pull with it. It was last serviced at 32k, I don't know if the gearbox oil has been changed as it has only just reached the milestone, could a low level be causing this? It was not in limp mode. When I turned the car off and on again it sorted the problem but its obviously something I want to know now so I can take it back to the dealer or claim on the warranty.

thanks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !!
    Staff Member Moderator Audi A4

An oil change can't hurt, and it will eliminate it from the list of possibles.

4. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR
    Staff Member Moderator TeamMisano Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3

​Hi Ricky, welcome to audi-sport.net. Im sure the guys and girls will help you out. We are all pretty helpful and friendly in here. Enjoy the forum. :) x

5. SinghB7

SinghB7 Active Member

Same happens with mine, been told it's the air flow sensor.