1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible buyer advice

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Wilky5, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Wilky5

Wilky5 Member

Hi, I've been on here a little while now but just watching. I'd like a bit of advice about a car I'm going to look at tomorrow. it's an '07 TDI 170 s-line 3 door, the only thing is (I don't really know if its concerning me tbh) that it has 137k on the clock. The advert is very well written, it's a private sale it's had two owners, the current one having owned it for three years, mileage is said to be motorway, it had a full service history and they even name the garage it's serviced at in the add. It has a very high spec and looks immaculate.

I've done a bit of reading on here about possible faults. It's shouldn't suffer wi a cracked head in the future with it being 2007 and I'll check it's responsiveness and how it starts to see if the injectors are likely to be problematic.

Would the mileage concern you? Or stop you buying it for that matter?

I've been to see one today but it had next to no oil in it, the discs had come to the end of their life. He wanted 7k for it on a '56. I decided to walk away as it wasn't for me. Sold on A3's though, I love the feel of them and the way they drive. A vast improvement over my '05 Vec SRI 1.8.

Thank you in advance

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Paul76R

Paul76R Member

Mileage shouldn't be a problem if its been looked after and serviced on schedule.

Condition and price would decide on if i was to buy it. I bought a mk3 golf convertible a couple of years ago with 140k on the clock but it was immaculate and had full folder of history, ran it for a year trouble free and then sold it for £600 more than i paid for it!

4. Wilky5

Wilky5 Member

Thank you. That's pretty much what I thought. Couldn't get to go see it today, arranged to see it tomorrow afternoon - so here's hoping its a good one

5. Wilky5

Wilky5 Member

Well I went to see it this aft and I've put a deposit down on it. Really happy with it, drove beautifully. It's got a higher spec and is in better condition than the other one I looked at. You wouldn't know it'd done the miles - inside and out. Pick it up on Tuesday - cant wait!