1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible Boost leak?

SteVR Mar 3, 2010

1. SteVR

SteVR Member

Since hooking the boost gauge up I haven’t really paid to much attention to boost levels whilst driving (waiting for the right holder from Canada). On the way to work this morning I monitored the levels and it seems to be seeing an initial 16psi before dropping back to 12-13psi. Is this considered normal or would this suggest a possible boost leak? The car has been remapped previous to me buying the car its a '00 1.8T DBW which had a replacement turbo fitted a couple of years ago but looks like a K03-005 and not a K03-029. Bar the remap and a 710N the car is standard.

2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

I think its pretty normal for a slight overshoot, its just the way the N75 control works.

3. SteVR

SteVR Member

Thought it might be the norm cheers aragorn. Will be looking to fit a N75j and new TIP soon but are the silicone TIP's really worth it??

4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

i wouldnt bother with the J valve, it usually causes an even larger spike, and can often cause fault codes etc.

silicone TIP helps stop it collapsing in under full power;.