1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

possible blown rear speaker!!!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Sm3g, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Sm3g

Sm3g STANDARD S3 (225bhp)

[Mar 29, 2013]
    evening folks

my passenger rear speaker is making a crackling and whining noise even with the volume turned down on the sterio its doing my head in,,is there anyway of just disconnecting the rear speakers,,as i tried having a go at getting to the speaker today and im not right sure on how to take the door card of etc...
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. Lemon S3

Lemon S3 Alex

[Mar 29, 2013]
    I'm pretty sure the card just pops off, need to remove the seats as well though i think.
  4. Sm3g

[Mar 29, 2013]
    thanks alot.il try have a look tomoz when i get chance,just dont want to break anything,haha
  5. Sm3g

[Mar 30, 2013]
    im wondering if it could just be a loose wire of some kind,as i recently fitted a new refurbished radio 2weeks ago,the noise is like whining to the sound of my engine speed if you know what i mean,and if i bang on the side of the radio it goes away for a few secs then comes back????
  6. Essflee

Essflee Well-Known Member

[Mar 30, 2013]
    Sounds like at bad earth, this will cause the whine through your speakers related to engine speed
  7. jimmp

jimmp Member

[Mar 30, 2013]
    Hey-

are you running line-level feeds to your subwoofer first?

This contains the amps to run the rest of the system- the noise you describe sounds like a bad ground link on the channel for that part of the car- if you've never been in-about the subwoofer you need to check out the headunit connections you've made in the dash...

JimP