1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

possible blown rear speaker!!!!

Sm3g Mar 29, 2013

1. Sm3g

Sm3g STANDARD S3 (225bhp)

evening folks

my passenger rear speaker is making a crackling and whining noise even with the volume turned down on the sterio its doing my head in,,is there anyway of just disconnecting the rear speakers,,as i tried having a go at getting to the speaker today and im not right sure on how to take the door card of etc...

2. Lemon S3

Lemon S3 Alex

I'm pretty sure the card just pops off, need to remove the seats as well though i think.

3. Sm3g

thanks alot.il try have a look tomoz when i get chance,just dont want to break anything,haha

4. Sm3g

im wondering if it could just be a loose wire of some kind,as i recently fitted a new refurbished radio 2weeks ago,the noise is like whining to the sound of my engine speed if you know what i mean,and if i bang on the side of the radio it goes away for a few secs then comes back????

5. Essflee

Essflee Well-Known Member

Sounds like at bad earth, this will cause the whine through your speakers related to engine speed

6. jimmp

jimmp Member

Hey-

are you running line-level feeds to your subwoofer first?

This contains the amps to run the rest of the system- the noise you describe sounds like a bad ground link on the channel for that part of the car- if you've never been in-about the subwoofer you need to check out the headunit connections you've made in the dash...

JimP