Possible A3 Bose speaker upgrade options with RNSE

Arjuanamo

Reaction score
Hi ,

I got the Bose option with my A3 and have always thought it was pretty terrible . Being a serious audiophile I've always wanted to upgrade to it but put all my money towards the aesthetics of my car instead .

Last year I bought a JL w7 what is probably one of the best investments I have ever made . Most people with an RS model enjoy the sound of their engines during every drive . Unfortunately my TDI has never given me that satisfaction so I have left it for the W7 to give me that grin every time I drive.

I am really interested In upgrading the speakers in my car but want to keep the RNSE as my head unit . I don't want to spend unnecessary money on speaker that are underpowered by the RNSE .

After doing some research I decided to fully dynamat my doors to improve the sound and reduce the vibrations from the door . My sub vibrates the doors quite a lot at high volumes what ruins the experience . I figured I'd sort the noises out when I upgrade my speakers .

Could you guys recommend me the best possible direct replacement for the main drivers and tweeters ?

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks

Have a look for posts by @Sayam as is knowledgeable and helpful.
Also me tagging him might point him in your direction.

Some questions to start with - How much do you want to pay? Will you be fitting them yourself, and where are you in the Country?

Thanks for the reply . I will dig deeper to find some of his posts .

I'm from east London and would prefer to go somewhere to get help fitting it . I think £750 would be the max I could go for including fitting and sound dampening .

To get complete factory integration and the audiophile experience you mentioned you'll need a processor like a Bit One or Bit Ten. That will take the factory signal from the RNS-E and allow you to process the sound to achieve the best possible experience.

To keep up with the bass level of a W7 you'll need a 4 channel amplifier and a decent set of speakers.

Would you prefer if I PM you?

Hi yer Mate

You could look at these speakers below

Tweeters Hertz ML280 (£260) with custom metal mounting brackets

Front Hetrz HCX 165 (£200) really crisp lovely sound

Rear's Hertz HCX 165 (£200) cones made buy Bowes and Wilkinson

But the amps and wiring is another story call car audio security in Hayes (west London) but ask to speak to Dibbs the other staff are not worth a toss

not sure if the above is in your price bracket but the stereo in my car sounds nearly as good as my home hifi and I am sure your JL audio sub is not the cheapest in the world

regards Simon