1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porsche gt2

Ryanc Feb 13, 2005

1. Ryanc

Ryanc Active Member

There's a red porsche gt2 parked on my road looks pretty smart.Are they rare?Would it kick glens c4s ass??

2. Rob W8

Rob W8 Member

A GT2 would slaughter it surely?

No disrespect to Glen of course.

It costs a good deal more as well!

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

You guys obviously havn't seen Glen drive then! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[​IMG]

4. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

That bad ah, JoJo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

5. ImS3ola

ImS3ola Member

Isn't the GT2 a stripped down version of the turbo - seriously /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

6. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Isn't the GT2 a stripped down version of the turbo - seriously /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sort of...it's a higher power, lighter weight Turbo, without the 4wd system.
    RWD only...nice!

As for kicking a C4S's arse..yup, I'd say so...except perhaps in the very wet, where the GT2 driver would be all over the place trying to deploy all his power and torque!

The GT2 really is a tool for the very brave!
    It's like a 911 of old....wild!

7. Ryanc

Ryanc Active Member

It's was a 996 shape with a really big spoiler.

8. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    It's was a 996 shape with a really big spoiler.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, that'll be the one...a big flat ironing board of a rear spoiler with turned down edges...

A proper beast of a car!

9. Ryanc

Ryanc Active Member

yep thats the one ,had a fancy numberplate.Do they still make it?There's a lovely c4s nearby for sale, metallic blue,red calipers looks lovely i think it's 54k.

10. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    yep thats the one ,had a fancy numberplate.Do they still make it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe they still make the GT2...as far as I know, all the wide body 996 cars are still available - the C4S and Turbo are...so I'd assume the GT2 is also.

Somewhere around £120k though...

[ QUOTE ]

There's a lovely c4s nearby for sale, metallic blue,red calipers looks lovely i think it's 54k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good...