1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porsche Brembo (Big Red) 4 pot front calipers

Discussion in 'For Sale/Wanted - Audi Parts' started by firestorm, Sep 1, 2012.

1. firestorm

firestorm Member

A Pair of Porsche Brembo (Big Red) 4 pot front calipers in immaculate condition. Originally from a late model Porsche Cayman (Boxter 'S' without the soft top). A great upgrade for your Audi, VW or Seat. Especially suitable if you drive your car spiritedly or take it on the track at all. Pistons are clean and free. Nipples are clean and protected by original Brembo caps. Paint is very good and original, very minor marks. Original Porsche pads made by Textar are included, they are in great condition, and are are approx less than 2% worn. Note these are the front calipers from a Boxster 'S' and not the rear and will give excellent feel and pedal pressure on a S3, S4 and Golf GTI etc. Payment by bank transfer or paypal gift. £330 delivered by courier to mainland UK. Highlands, NI and Islands will cost more. You are welcome to collect from Sutton, Banstead, Epsom area in Surrey.
  2. firestorm

firestorm Member

Porsche part numbers are 996 351 425 and 996 351 426.
    I have more photos, PM your email address.
  3. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

are these a straight fit to a A3 8P? or would they need to be adapted... thanks in advance rOb
  4. firestorm

firestorm Member

Hi Rob,
    I don't know for the 8P, you definitely need an adaptor bracket for the 8L, B5, B6 to bring the caliper to the right position radially, I'm not sure if anyone makes one off the shelf.

I would google and contact Creation Motorsport, Gtech 911 or Badger 5 to see if they know.

Regards
  5. firestorm

firestorm Member

Found some more info, looks like you're in luck
    VW PORSCHE BREMBO CALIPER ADAPTERS 5 x 112 GOLF AUDI | eBay

VW GOLF AUDI A3 SEAT LEON SKODA OCTAVIA 5x112 PCD PORSCHE BIG BRAKE UPGRADE KIT | eBay

First is just the adaptor, 2nd is the adaptor, cross drilled 330mm disk and brake lines.

I'd consider the 2nd one + the calipers, you'll get a braking system that equivalent to the Brembo big brake kit or the Movit BBK with much cheaper consumables, for about £650 all in. About half the price of the other kits.
  6. AFDanHef

AFDanHef Member

PM sent