Porsche 996 rims (5x130, et55) to fit onto A3 Quattro, what adapters are needed? anyb

Adamh_A3Q

Reaction score
what adapters are needed? anybody know?

ive brought some Porsche twist wheels from a 996, 911 they are 5x130 an ET55. anybody know what adapters would be best for front and back. front tyres are 7J and back are 9J 17" wheels.

anybody any ideas where to get some wheel bolts from aswel?

any help would be great, thank you

You need hub adaptors 5X100 to 5X130, preferably in 20mm size to give you the ET35, you could got 30mm adaptors and make then ET25 which would be like running 10mm spacers allround. The hub adaptors should have all bolts supplied for the stud pattern conversion, try H&R, they are usually around £130 I think. 7J up fronts will be fine, goodluck with fitting 9J's on the rear though... that's proper Euro wide, and be sure to have the correct tyres for similar rolling radius front and rear so you don't confuse the Haldex system and break it.

cheers, according to some vw mates the 9Js on the back should b just right because the porsche rims go in an not out an should go under the arches no probs. i have 18" 8.5J at the mo but obviously wivout spacers.i thought might need a bit bigger adaptors on the front because there only 7Js. tyres are 205/50/17 on the front and 255/40/17 on the back. whats the haldex system? cheers

cheers, according to some vw mates the 9Js on the back should b just right because the porsche rims go in an not out an should go under the arches no probs. i have 18" 8.5J at the mo but obviously wivout spacers.i thought might need a bit bigger adaptors on the front because there only 7Js. tyres are 205/50/17 on the front and 255/40/17 on the back. whats the haldex system? cheers

I think you will be fine with the 255 section rear tyres with the correct offset, might need to aim for ET30 on the rears to clear the suspension? You say you have an A3 Quattro right? Haldex is part of the 4WD system you have on the car, which can kick in when it detects a difference in rotational speeds between front and rear axles, hence the need for the rolling radius to be as similar as possible, I think you have 2% rolling radius to play with before it thinks it's slipping.

Yea mines an A3 Quattro (2000 Xreg)

your the first person to bring that to my attention. will have to read up a bit more as might have to look into new tyres on the front then. the rear come wiv the wheels when i brought them and there brand new Avon ZZ1s.

Thanx for your help. your a star. once wheels are on and lowered will post a pic up. having probs with hydraulic clutch at mo (other post) so gota look at that too

really? as wide as that on the rear ? i thought you would go wider on the front as there on 7J.
which adaptors are best? the H&R ones you sell or the FK adaptors?

cheers