1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poppy Appeal 2013

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ScottishS3, Oct 19, 2013.

1. ScottishS3

ScottishS3 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

It's coming up to that time of year again where we remember those brave Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen that have given the ultimate sacrifice for this country.

It is also a time for us to remember those that have been injured in the line of duty, veterans and those that are still serving.

Please, if you see a Royal British Legion Poppy Seller or an RBL Collection tin, please donate what you can and wear your poppy with pride.

Donations can also be made online on the RBL website.

If anybody has any charity events such as marathons etc, please consider raising money for the RBL.

I'm all ready for some collecting:

[​IMG]

Thanks all for taking the time to read this!

jcs356, Tovs, JimmyH and 7 others like this.
  2. Ghost

Ghost Boo!
    Supporter

I have a few of them Poppy Pins that i wear, but I keep making a donation when I meet any poppy seller.

I will be changing my avatar as we come near to the 11[SUP]th[/SUP] of November, (one with poppies on) think it be a nice touch if we all did this to show our support.

JimmyH, Sandra and ScottishS3 like this.
  3. JimmyH

JimmyH Member

I have a lot of respect for you guys, many seem to forget what our grandfathers did for us, what they sacrificed. So please show your support.

4. Tovs

Tovs Member

Massive thing! As a serving member myself, and lost a friend, its definatly something I'm not "tight" towards

Also remembering the "old timers" and what they gave. Good old forces saying

"For our tomorrow, they give their today"

SPARTAN91, JudderMan, JimmyH and 3 others like this.