1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poorly A4 Quattro?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by AudiSport, Jun 17, 2011.

1. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

I have a 2005 B7 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro which has been remapped by Revo. I've had the car for about a year now, and never really felt the delivery of power was very smooth. When you put your foot down from say 50-mph up to 70mph it will hesitate slightly when the turbo is delivering maximum torque. However, it's very subtle and I just put this down to the quattro system. Last week though - this problem got worse. If I drive gently or accelerate very very smoothly the delivery of power is fine, however the minute I accelerate a little harder the car judders and hesitates? Doesn't really feel or sound like the clutch..

55k miles on the clock, two owners and generally I very well cared for car. All four tyres match and have similar tread depths. My wife did however knock the tracking out back in Jan and the front tyres have scrubbed edges. DOH!

Thanks in advance for any input!
  2. razza1

razza1 Active Member

does the car feel like it's being hit by a gust of wind when stationary? If so might be to do with the Dual Mass Flywheel...which if it is, I hope you have a warranty as its not cheap..
  3. solaris

solaris Member

First thing is to do if possible is to get the car scanned. Some of the more comman problems that occur are torn Diverter valve diaphram, so i'd get that inspected.
  4. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

Quick update, turned out it was a faulty spark plug, so had all four replaced. Happy days!