Poorboys Sealant

Point_Audi

Vorsprung durch Technik
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

I am interested in hearing some fellow members feedback on the PoorBoys Ex Sealant and PoorBoys EXP Sealant. I have used PoorBoys products before but never the Sealant, I have read online that the EX version contains Carnauba elements and EXP is pure Sealant.

Any reviews, or which would be better for any car paint?

Thanks

Never used the sealants but used Nattys blue wax and black hole.
Ex for darker colours and Exp for lighter colours.
I'm sure it will depend what u are putting it on top of either a wax or synthetics.

Reactions: Point_Audi
Thanks for the comment Robbie, likewise I have used both Nattys Blue and White paste wax along with the White Diamond and Black Hole glaze achieving fantastic results! :icon thumright:

Its a car that's going to treated from scratch, wash, de-tar, fallout remover, clay etc. So I am thinking SRP, Glaze, Sealant and Paste wax should return great results. (Still unsure if I really need the SRP, as the glaze has similar filler properties, humm).

My sealant choice before would have been AG EGP, but I wanted to try something different so I have purchased the EX P sealant. I think its similar to the glaze in that it could be used on darker colours if required. :)

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Hi Mate,
I wouldn't think u would need the SRP if your going to use a glaze, and it might remove some of the SRP.
Really I'm unsure of the sealant and paste wax route, and how long the durability of the paste wax would be/sit on top of the sealant.
Is the paste wax you have a synthetic or carnauba wax?

I was always led to believe sealants were better for lighter colours so should be ideal for your car. As Robbie says shouldn't need SRP and glaze. Would use one or the other.

Again cheers for the comments guys it's great getting some feedback and advice!:)

I had been thinking that the glaze and SRP have similar properties, but I wasn't too sure if I could get away without using SRP while still achieving good results.

In the past when I started detailing the car I only ever used to use SRP, EGP then a good paste wax after claying, de-taring etc.

So the PoorBoys product range is still relatively new to me, and their product range is vast so it takes time to research.

But the products I have are:

PoorBoys White Diamond Glaze
PoorBoys Nattys White Paste Wax
PoorBoys EX-P Sealant

(Darker Colours)
PoorBoys Black Hole Glaze
PoorBoys Nattys Blue Paste Wax

I will be cleaning my Dads scuba blue A3 Saloon at the weekend and it hasn't been detailed before, so the process I was thinking was the usual, clay, detar then Black Hole Glaze, EX-P Sealant and then Nattys Blue Paste wax. What you think?

A friend is also looking his red Astra sorted, so busy weekend ahead!lol .. Which glaze do you think would achieve better results? Am thinking the Black Hole.

Again I appreciate the comments!:)

Last edited:
Hi mate,

I think the combo you intend to use for yours will work well. Seems they are all made for each other.
I'd say one coat of glaze, 2 coats of natty paste wax and one coat of sealant should give great results and protection.
I'd add another coat of sealant every month or so in the winter if possible

For your dads and mates black hole and nattys blue will give really good results.
The sealant would come after the wax again

I got fantastic results with both black hole and blue nattys on my black A3.

For darker cars for a glaze I'd highly recommend Prima Amigo, it's fantastic

It seems that sealants is your go to products, maybe u should consider going the Werkstat route, I'm sure Bristle Hound will be along shortly to confirm lol.

Have a look at my thread and his in here, the results speak for themselves

Poorboys are really good products for the money I found, but a bit of researching and there are a lot better and easier products to use.
Abet at a cost lol.

Good luck with ur busy weekend pal

You beat me to it, again, Robbie lol

Unfortunately I can't comment on any of the Poorboys range as I've never tried it yet. I do have a pot of Nattys blue to try on the wife's black MINI but haven't got round to it yet

I've used Prima Amigo on light and dark cars alike with great result. What I like most about Amigo is that it loves synthetic sealants over it. Had some great results with Gtechniq C2V3 over Amigo on a solid red car

Someone mention the Werkstat range? lol
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/for-those-in-any-doubt-about-the-werkstat-acrylic-kit.225277/

Your gonna ache after all that work buddy, but I'm syre wthe results will be great

Pics when finished buddy plez ;)

Reactions: RobbieWebs and Point_Audi
It didn't take you long to reply "Bristle Hound"!lol

Again guys thank you for the advice and tips, I will certainly look into the products suggested always looking to try new brands and products! :)

I certainly will be aching come Sunday, my own car will be feeling left out!lol Oh don't worry I will be snapping away and will get them uploaded over the weekend! ;)

Cheers guys! :icon thumright:

Reactions: Bristle Hound, RobbieWebs and Sandra
@Point_Audi, i am looking forward to lots of pics this weekend. No excuses about the weather, i will accept beading shots. Btw, im waiting,lol. :) x

Reactions: RobbieWebs and Point_Audi
C2V3 is just the easiest thing on the planet. Such a great product.

@Point_Audi, i am looking forward to lots of pics this weekend. No excuses about the weather, i will accept beading shots. Btw, im waiting,lol. :) x

Lol, no problem Sandra I will be taking plenty, good to know the beading shots will be accepted! ;)

C2V3 is just the easiest thing on the planet. Such a great product.

Cheers Scott, I will give this a try for the next detail, not a bad price and reviews are good! :icon thumright:

Reactions: RobbieWebs and Sandra
Pics are always compulsory after starting a thread about detailing lol ;)
Looking forward to seeing your hard work paying off and those wheels mate :)

Lol, oh of course I will have to show my hard work! ;) .. I will see how I feel come Sunday and I might even do my own!lol

I think you have your priorities wrong mate, yours first & everyone else's later lol ;)

I use Shop n Shine for all my Gtechniq products :thumbs up:
http://www.shopnshine.co.uk/

They have a 10% discount code - DW - for all of the products they sell. I find there P&P charges very reasonable too :thumbs up:

Reactions: Point_Audi, scotty76 and RobbieWebs
+1 for Shop n Shine, great prices and customer service. Bonus for me is that they're based a mile from my work, so I can collect and save on postage.

That's the Astra all done now for the A3!:)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413636241545.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413636241545.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 289
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413636762646.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413636762646.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 249
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413636935123.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413636935123.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 293
Reactions: RobbieWebs and Sandra
Very nice Shaun, job well done. :) x

Astra looking stunning Shaun
What did u end up using on it in the end?
I thought we agreed to do yours first? lol

* The Astra looks great Shaun :thumbs up:

Hope your going to be well recompensed by the owner ;):laugh:

Cheers for the comments folks! :) I am wrecked now!lol But here is the finished A3 turned out fantastic, dad is over the moon to say the least!:)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413651902328.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413651902328.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 302
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413651938432.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413651938432.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 291
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413651961040.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413651961040.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 307
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413651989075.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413651989075.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 361
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413652023712.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413652023712.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 279
Reactions: jaykay8L, Bristle Hound, RobbieWebs and 1 other person
Your dads car has come up really well, the colour just "pops" its amazing. is that scuba blue Shaun? So i hope you been rewarded well for your hard work. :) x

Yea it really has Sandra, beautiful colour!.. Scuba Blue! :)... Oh I have been some beers tonight!:)

Reactions: Sandra
Yea it really has Sandra, beautiful colour!.. Scuba Blue! :)... Oh I have been some beers tonight!:)

So Shaun, its "A pint of Lager and 2 packets of crisps" for you tonight. Lol. Your dad is paying. :) x

Maybe 2 pints of lager and 1 packet of crisps! :p...

Reactions: Sandra
Results speak for themselves Shaun, the A3 looks stunning!
Loving that Scuba blue, it really suits that A3. The Saloon has really grown on me and if I didn't have a tribe I would have bought one myself.
I'm sure your dad was chuffed
Just goes to show what you can achieve without a machine polisher.
Hopefully u have a furry head today with the lager to take away the ache of your arms lol

Great finish on that scuba blue A3 saloon Shaun ! :cool:

Is your car next or are you having a well deserved rest buddy?

I agree Robbie, I love the A3 Saloon, I had one as a courtesy car before and I think thats what put the idea in Dads head!lol..

Yea the results of the Scuba Blue were amazing, and as you said just shows you by hand can get good results! :)

Lol, I had a furry head alright so I am sorry but I could only get mine washed!lol..

Bristle Hound I have mine first on the list for next Saturday and my wee sisters DS3!:)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413736309453.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413736309453.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 274
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413736352631.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413736352631.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 249
Judging by the paint condition of yours after a wash Shaun ,I don't think it will take much decontamination
Loving the wheels btw, really suits the shape of the car
I tanked 3 sociable bottles of wine last night, hence why I never cleaned the inside of the car I had planned lol.

Look forward to the pics next Saturday mate

Lol, Robbie I was only able to get my own done, my sisters car wasn't about the weekend!.

Just finished and I forgot about the hour going back so I wasn't able to get many good pictures!lol.. But again results are amazing! :) Still a few wee last touches to do, but am happy! :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414341918757.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414341918757.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 240
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414342131447.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414342131447.jpg
    732.2 KB · Views: 241
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414342164099.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414342164099.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 236
Few More

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414342718484.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414342718484.jpg
    709.6 KB · Views: 240
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414342725155.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414342725155.jpg
    612.3 KB · Views: 268
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414342736862.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414342736862.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 230
Reactions: RobbieWebs and Bristle Hound
^ Looks very nice buddy! :cool::cool::cool:

Another weekends hard work :D

Wow Shaun, talk about a fantastic job mate
Some serious reflections there, the finish looks immaculate!
I didn't expect you to get as good results with the poor boys stuff.
I didn't give the stuff a chance but maybe I should have.
The wheels suit the car to a T.

Cheers for showing us and get your pics in the reflections thread

Some beading when I came out of the cinema tonight! :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414367091588.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414367091588.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Wow Shaun, talk about a fantastic job mate
Some serious reflections there, the finish looks immaculate!
I didn't expect you to get as good results with the poor boys stuff.
I didn't give the stuff a chance but maybe I should have.
The wheels suit the car to a T.

Cheers for showing us and get your pics in the reflections thread

Thanks Robbie/Bristle Hound.

I was really shocked with the results, very easy products to work with!

I will stick another coat of wax on at the weekend again!lol... Cheers, I love the colour combination with the wheels they do suit it well if I do say so myself!lol