Poor throttle response off boost (when warm) 3.0tdi - Help please!

pilla

Reaction score
Hi folks, When the engine is warm in my B7 3.0tdi manual, most noticeably in 2nd gear when accelerating from 1000rpm, it will feel really flat and powerless up until 2500rpm then the boost will kick in hard, or should i say, the engine will run correctly, it does not do this when engine is coming to temp. In higher gears, the power is smooth and linear from 1000rpm upwards - Or so it seems.

Also when upto full temp, and coming to a stop at the lights, the engine will sometimes judder erratically, as if its missing on a cylinder, a hard boot subsequently clears this problem and engine will idle normally, until some slow running at low revs, then the problem will return, It feels as if it gets "clogged up" somewhat and needs a clear out. :(

I have tried to connect my vagcom but apparently, its can-bus on this B7 so no joy, also my cheap ebay code reader returns no codes.

Any help would be appreciated, only had the car a few days and would like to get it running right.

Many thanks.

Sold, stick to b5's because nobodys got a f*king clue about b7's LOL

Reactions: RSTHRILLER
Possible cleaning of the egr valve,throttle body may help ??

Possible cleaning of the egr valve,throttle body may help ??
I sold the car mate, i did attempt to clean the EGR but the 3.0tdi unit is a complicated one, EGR wasnt so easy to get to, i just put up with the fault until sold Cheers.

I sold the car mate, i did attempt to clean the EGR but the 3.0tdi unit is a complicated one, EGR wasnt so easy to get to, i just put up with the fault until sold Cheers.
No worries

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: pilla