Poor Service!!

A3Tom

Smell my finger.
Reaction score
Grrrrrr, I'm not very happy!.

The GF's TT needs new discs and pads so me being the nice bloke that I am said "leave it with me, I'll get them and fit them for you". No big deal really, easy enough job.

So today I decide to ring around and get the parts so I can bring her car home tonight and fit the new bits in the morning. I call around the usual suspects etc and decide on where to get them from. I said to the bloke "So they're in stock on the shelf and I can come and pick them up in an hour or so?", he says "Yep, no problem, see you in an hour".

I drive off to Brum to collect them in hellish traffic, avoiding a crazy skip lorry driver that was clearly trying to kill me and all the other 'quality' drivers Birmingham attracts. I arrive at the parts shop a little bit frazzled but nothing I cant cope with. I wonder in and tell the lad behind the till I'm here to collect some parts and he says "Oh, our tills are down, they've been down all day and wont be fixed till later on this afternoon at the earliest, I cant sell you them".

Hmmmm, cant I just give you some money and then you give me some parts I wonder?...no..thats too easy. Great....no parts for me then.

I only ****** went there because they said they had them on the shelf and I could get them today!. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I asked if the lad who I spoke to on the phone would have known the tills are down and the answer was "yep". Awesome, so I've just wasted an hour getting to the shop and now I cant have the parts.

I then spent an hour driving to another parts shop (GSF) that actually had them in and could give me goods in return for money...nice and simple.

Anyway, the car parts shop was Euro Car Parts...what a joke!. I've had stuff off them before and they've been fine but this **** I spoke to on the phone wasted 2 hours of my life and I want them back! :(. I suppose I'm ranting more about the cabbage that gave me duff info than the actual company...although I had the cash in my pocket, the parts were on the desk waiting....and they wouldnt let me hand them the money and walk out the door with them.

Pah.

Jesus Tom, which way did you head to town that took you an hour to get there? Incidently, I have a trades account for ECP, so I could have saved you some monies, if you ever decide to shop there again, and I have trades for CarSpares in HallGreen, if you ever need anything mate.

Cheers jojo.

I went up the A45 from Olton and it was just chaos all the way up there!. To be told the parts sat on the counter couldnt be had for the money in my pocket just set it all off!.

Luckilly the lad in GSF sorted me out....after taking an age to find the discs!.

Cheers Jojo ;)

That sucks, hate wasted journeys, especially through the centre of Brum!!!

Well, you guys have my number, just give me a text or something if you need anything, I go pass CarSpares everytime I goto work, and I pretty much pass ECP twice a week, as I got to Wing Yip to get my stock. ;)