1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor service from audi dealer

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Paul Laird, May 22, 2010.

1. Paul Laird

Paul Laird Member

Hey just a wee post to let people know bout the poor service i had from ayr audi, i have a S3 08 plate, had a problem with my DMF, ayr audi took the gearbox out on monday, picked the car up on wed nite with a new dmf and clutch kit fittted as they said the dmf had excess play, lastnite was driven along heard a LOUD bang then griding noise coming from the gearbox area, managed to get the car home, as am a ford tech jacked the car up to see what was the problem??? found the bracket coming off the gearbox onto the engine block at the o/s/f which is held in place by two bolts, one of them hadnt been tightned up, had came loose and was rubbing off my driveshaft, which in turn has damaged it, took pics of the poor workmanship, took the car back to ayr audi, waiting to hear back from them on monday??? cant wait to hear what they say????:faint: bout 4months ago they fitted a new steering rack to my car and had to take it bk after 5mins of picking it up, was pulling badly to the right, hadnt tracked it up rite, would advice people not to put there car into this garage

cheers Paul

#1 Paul Laird, May 22, 2010
    Last edited: May 22, 2010
  2. jameo84

jameo84 Member

i not had any dealings with them. but just realised that i know your car i work in killie and you always park across from the ford garage in the homebase car park. the car looks great fyi love the white on black with the bonnet bra.

3. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

only been there once for a rear flexihose for my old A3. I use ingrams as we have an account with them - dont know if they are any better tho.

Jameo84, you need to catch up next time we meet up :thumbsup:

4. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

Take it to Guildford Audi and you would be lucky to even get it back ! they have had mine for a month now...

5. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

Fair old jaunt to have to leave it Paddy LOL

6. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

Yea but at least you know you will never see it again :)