1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. voteforpedro

voteforpedro Member

Thermostat and exhaust both sorted but the car is running like pooh. Below 3k revs it drives like my OH's Polo. :( Also I only managed to get 24 mpg on the motorway.

What are the possible causes of this? I'm too lazy to search because it's my birthday today and I went out last night and I'm very hungover and can't search in my retarded state of mind.

And because it's my birthday you can provide me with answers, as a present. :)

2. griswold

griswold Member

Turbo comes in about 3000 revs whats it like after that?
    vag com scan it

3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

MAF sensor?

4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

I would answer but i am too lazy to bother......LMAO

Could be loads of things from the temp sender, to the MAF to sticky brakes etc

5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

I would answer but i am too lazy to bother......LMAO

Could be loads of things from the temp sender, to the MAF to sticky brakes etc

6. voteforpedro

voteforpedro Member

Checked the inlet hose on the airbox and it was a little misaligned so may have been leaking air slightly. Managed to maintain 24 mpg through Brum today and felt a little more responsive but turbo lagging like ****. :(

7. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

is the turbo lagging, or just not there at all?

could be a blocked cat, or perhaps a broken wastegate?

8. voteforpedro

voteforpedro Member

I don't know what's going on. I can hear it spool sometimes, but other times I put my foot down in first and it'll "stutter" slightly as it hits ~3k revs. I am thinking the wastegate is sticking too.