1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor Milltek fitment

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S3_OL, Apr 15, 2013.

1. S3_OL

S3_OL Active Member

Hi, I've had a milltek non-res catback fitted to my S3 and it looks about 20mm too far over to the right.

I've had a search through the forum and found that ess_three has had some issues, but has anyone else?

I have been two two exhaust fitters who say that there is nothing that they can do to allign the exhaust correctly in the bumper cut out.

I think it lets the car down a lot at the rear to be honest and I'm not happy with it at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. phil miller

phil miller Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

will swap you for my standard one that will sit spot on if you want???????? :)

4. AudiS3-Turbo

AudiS3-Turbo Member

the hanger at the rear that bolts to the boot floor,there are two 13mm bolts slacken them and move it over and it will sit perfect,the hanger is adjustable.

5. S3Zek

S3Zek Member

As well as the above use some cable ties on the rubbers if need be...….…cable ties fix everything :) lol
    I think just about everything got fixed on all of my Renault 5 turbos with cable ties :)

JudderMan likes this.
  6. S3_OL

S3_OL Active Member

aha, no thanks mate, I have brought another car with another milltek though so this will be for sale after the weekend when I break mine.

7. S3_OL

S3_OL Active Member

I'll have a go at that then mate, I think that it is pretty close under the diff area to be fair, Cheers :)

I am a qualified cable tie technician so I'll have a go mate :) aha, Cheers

8. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

I'd read about people havin this issue and also the pipes sticking out too much. When I fitted mine is was spot on so I was well chuffed. The adjustments I had to make we're all at the other end by the DP.

9. Sam_

Sam_ Down under

Mine was along those lines and I ended up adjusting the mounts and it sorted it. Also moved mine closer "in" at the downpipe end.

S3_OL likes this.
  10. slowcoach3

slowcoach3 Active Member

If all you have to worry about is an exhaust that sits 1/2" to the right I reckon you should count yourself lucky! :)

S3_OL and Goubo1 like this.
  11. S3_OL

S3_OL Active Member

All sorted now thanks to moving those brackets over! :)

It's nice to have sorted it so I can actually sell the system now without having to tell everybody that it sits wrong.

Strange how I can go to two exhaust places and I get better information of a forum!

Cheers everyone :)