1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor iPod control?!?

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Benji5, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Benji5

Benji5 New Member

[Aug 22, 2012]
    Hi all,
    I've recently bought a A3 2008 with symphony, Bose and iPod dock in the glovebox. I'm over the moon with the car except for the poor iPod control through the stereo. Am I missing something?? Basically I can select a playlist on the ipod and let it run but if I feel like a change and wish to change it through the stereo then i get a seemingly random set of playlists via selecting CD's 7-12. And no matter what selection I initially had on the iPod selecting CD's 7-12 will always play the same tracks. In short I can only access a really tiny portion of my iPod through the stereo, can any one help please??? Thank you very much.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Aug 23, 2012]
    TBH mate using existing radio, you have only aftermarket solutions like dension & they only give you info through the dis anyway.

If you were to upgrade to the mk2 rns-e, this would also allow usage of the proper ipod interface AMI for album, artists, track info through head unit, its a hell fo allot better, but also has a huge cost.

If interested, ping me a PM.
  4. Benji5

Benji5 New Member

[Aug 23, 2012]
    Cheers for the reply. I've had a look at the prices for the RNS-E and that's way out of budget so I will have to put up with it for now.
    Many thanks.