1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor iPod control?!?

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Benji5, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Benji5

Benji5 New Member

Hi all,
    I've recently bought a A3 2008 with symphony, Bose and iPod dock in the glovebox. I'm over the moon with the car except for the poor iPod control through the stereo. Am I missing something?? Basically I can select a playlist on the ipod and let it run but if I feel like a change and wish to change it through the stereo then i get a seemingly random set of playlists via selecting CD's 7-12. And no matter what selection I initially had on the iPod selecting CD's 7-12 will always play the same tracks. In short I can only access a really tiny portion of my iPod through the stereo, can any one help please??? Thank you very much.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

TBH mate using existing radio, you have only aftermarket solutions like dension & they only give you info through the dis anyway.

If you were to upgrade to the mk2 rns-e, this would also allow usage of the proper ipod interface AMI for album, artists, track info through head unit, its a hell fo allot better, but also has a huge cost.

If interested, ping me a PM.

4. Benji5

Benji5 New Member

Cheers for the reply. I've had a look at the prices for the RNS-E and that's way out of budget so I will have to put up with it for now.
    Many thanks.